Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well ,well, well. Could this be the most important development yet?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/westminster-sex-scandal-shocking-file-5013721

I love the Bernard Ingham quote "I asked him about it and he denied it, so no, I didn't do anything else. What was the alternative?"

Has he so much contempt for us plebs that we would think that when dealing with allegations of paedophilia surrounding a colleague, that we're going to swallow there was no alternative other than ask him about it over a pint.

Have him followed, involve the police, consult colleagues - DO SOMETHING. It's basically an admission that someone at the highest levels of the British Government in the early 80's couldn't give 2 figs if a colleague was absuing children. It's utterly disgraceful, I'm suprised he's got the balls to say it in public. At least Leon Brittan had the deceny to lie about not remembering the Dickens file.

Last edited:

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Well ,well, well. Could this be the most important development yet?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/westminster-sex-scandal-shocking-file-5013721

I love the Bernard Ingham quote "I asked him about it and he denied it, so no, I didn't do anything else. What was the alternative?"

Has he so much contempt for us plebs that we would think that when dealing with allegations of paedophilia surrounding a colleague, that we're going to swallow there was no alternative other than ask him about it over a pint.

Have him followed, involve the police, consult colleagues - DO SOMETHING. It's basically an admission that someone at the highest levels of the British Government in the early 80's couldn't give 2 figs if a colleague was absuing children. It's utterly disgraceful, I'm suprised he's got the balls to say it in public. At least Leon Brittan had the deceny to lie about not remembering the Dickens file.

Bernard Ingham was Thatcher's Press Secretary. Don't you think it's weird that he would be involved?

Bernard Ingham was Thatcher's Press Secretary. Don't you think it's weird that he would be involved?

Not at all. As I've already said elsewhere in this thread I think, someone (now dead) used to post on popbitch and he told a story about when a top tory grandee went to stay with a peer of the realm at his country pile one weekend. Late at night the peer was walking through his house when he heard a noise from his sons room and went in to fine the grandee (quote) 'hanging out of the back of the peers 12 year old son'. Said peer imediately contacted the authorities only to get a phone call from number 10 downing street early the next morning. The incident was never mentioned again. Thatcher, and many others including labour and liberal, knew all about this and were actively involved in the cover up.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Not at all. As I've already said elsewhere in this thread I think, someone (now dead) used to post on popbitch and he told a story about when a top tory grandee went to stay with a peer of the realm at his country pile one weekend. Late at night the peer was walking through his house when he heard a noise from his sons room and went in to fine the grandee (quote) 'hanging out of the back of the peers 12 year old son'. Said peer imediately contacted the authorities only to get a phone call from number 10 downing street early the next morning. The incident was never mentioned again. Thatcher, and many others including labour and liberal, knew all about this and were actively involved in the cover up.

Jesus, I never heard that. Horrible *******.

macky

Dec 28, 2004

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here