The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's amazing how these nonces with influential friends are only ever exposed when they are dead. But yet still it continues.

It's like there's some sort of conspiracy at work, although the same cannot be said if you are a pop star / entertainer.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Saw this today in the Daily Telegraph......strange thing to point out.

1zlrty1.jpg

Who knows hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While accepting that jokes like this can feed into a culture that demonises people on rumour and hearsay and so on. But I did find this funny:

[tweet]743369030078193664[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Crown Prosecution Service said it had decided there was "insufficient evidence to prosecute"

Not quite the same as clearing him is it? Although I totally agree that people should not be named whilst enquiries are ongoing though, that is just so wrong.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Wonder what the lyrics 'power to all our friends' were about?

It was a 'protest' song which reflected the era of the 1970's which was a time of unrest and upheaval in Britain and across the globe. I think Cliff's 'dad dance' of it in Eurovision probably added to the sense of uncertainty and unpredictability.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His legal team say this is not over which I take to mean they are going for South Yorks Police and the BBC through the courts. In hope so and hope they win, not that he needs the money.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
To be totally fair to Cliff, South Yorkshire police's handling of this particular investigation has been terrible. I think the Met has copped some unfair stick of late but not SWP, they deserve everything that's coming to them. The live TV coverage of the raid on Cliff Richard's house was a disgrace and would have been even if he were eventually found guilty.

I seem to recall SWP have been in the news a fair bit recently over some other matters as well.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports