[Cricket] The 'Especially for Billy the Fish' 2nd Test Eng v India at Lords thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
More evidence that test match cricket comes bottom of the pile in this country

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
For all the talk of 4 results possible, only one seems likely now.

Only Root can save us.

We shouldn't have to be relying on one man every single game.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
If only this was unbelievable.

Unfortunately completely believable.

Why on earth did we engage a war of words with Shami and Bumrah...when you can't back it up? New ball in our hands, shut up, bowl fast and straight. Instead wind them up and try to bounce them out. Such poor mentality and tactics.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Appalling captaincy really. Still, its not often we get a full 5 days of a test match with all results possible

India will skittle us out before tea now I've said that!

2 wickets down already!

I would just love to understand how their No 9 and 10 batsmen made it look so easy compared to our opening "batsmen"

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If only this was unbelievable.

Unfortunately completely believable.

Why on earth did we engage a war of words with Shami and Bumrah...when you can't back it up? New ball in our hands, shut up, bowl fast and straight. Instead wind them up and try to bounce them out. Such poor mentality and tactics.

Another thing that Vaughan was scathing of on TMS. Schoolboy cricket is what he called it.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
:ffsparr:

If Root goes cheaply, we won't make 3 figures.

No pressure then Joe!

I'm really pleased Hameed avoided the pair - that could have destroyed the poor bloke.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It’s a good job we have lots of back up in that area… oh, wait….

The two leading English openers (in terms of run scoring) this season are Jake Libby and ... er, Tom Haines.

We don't want to lose another player

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Certainly an area we are really light on but how many chances do this pair need to prove they are not up to it? Stats don't lie when you have had this many chances?
Except they have already tried everyone else, and they were equally :shit:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm trying to work out whether I am pleased both England openers have gone cheaply, or not. The other batsmen in the side are almost incapable of blocking, increasing the chances of a positive result one way or the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports