Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The England game tonight

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is a mismatch. Mike Tyson vs Eddie the Eagle. Boring to be honest.

I resent my Albion viewing pleasure being interrupted by this dross.

I quite agree, its like premiership sides fielding strongest sides in preliminary rounds of the FA Cup. Liverpool vs Chichester . . . Presumaby just a cunning plan by Euefa ( and FiFa for WC) to make more money by playing more games.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
A few rambling thoughts.

I'm really enjoying watching the England team again after having grown very disillusioned with them; so much more attack minded and technically adept than in the past.

Still a big question mark over the centre of defence to my mind, but with players waiting in the wings like Tomori and, looking further ahead, hopefully Ben White things should improve there.

I think TAA and Reece James will both be excellent options at right back for years to come. Chilwell on the other side looks like he's going to be the number one choice there.

Pickford's lack of height worries me. It means that he sometimes has to make outstanding saves which would otherwise be fairly routine for taller keepers.

Sancho's U17 world cup winning compatriots may not have had the same trajectory as him for a variety of reasons, but several are likely to feature in the next few years. Obviously Callum Hudson-Odoi is already in the squad. Phil Foden would surely be in the seniors rather than the U21s but for lack of minutes at Man City. Smith-Rowe and Angel Gomes featured for the U20s in their 4-0 win over Portugal yesterday and could be in the mix in a few years. Guehi seems to be featuring in Chelsea squads now.

Looking further down the ranks I think it's possible Jude Bellingham will be knocking on the door in two or three years.

Last edited:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Because there were a lot of dickheads at the game last night.

Many years ago, I stood next to a manc and we enjoyed a magic night as England beat Argentina 3-1, I think it was 1979. Although we couldn’t stand each other’s teams there was respect as we were England.
What happened last night is probably why I haven’t been to an England game for over 15 years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A goal every 19 games - not all THAT terrible. Its about on a par with Solly.

The sort of goal ratio Leon Best can only dream about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here