Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Sun's page 3

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm a little surprised you haven't come across these numbers, they've been all over the media for some time now.
A quick google has this webby as the top result:

http://www.equalpayportal.co.uk/statistics/

So note the 'pay gap' applies to women in the SAME job, with the SAME experience.

There have been several studies across several sectors where they've got the numbers for new job applicants and the pay they were offered, amongst other things.

The latest data on that webby shows that women are being paid around 10% less for the SAME work.

Useless post

you have supplied no information about their tits.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Front page of Daily Telegraph..V nice picture of 65 year old Twiggy who has been signed up as the face and hair of L`oreal.....Is it Just the toplessness that offends...Anyone offended by Telegraph picture or the fact that L`oreal are using pretty Lady to sell their goods??.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If the Sun had a cock and balls on page 3 every day, there would be murders. In fact scrub that, it would never happen because despite what some people are desperate to have us believe men are still very much in the ascendancy.

Absolute cobblers, what a ridiculous conclusion. It has nothing to do with "men being in the ascendency" - it would never happen because newspapers do not show pictures of exposes genitals, period.

Ugh.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Front page of Daily Telegraph..V nice picture of 65 year old Twiggy who has been signed up as the face and hair of L`oreal.....Is it Just the toplessness that offends...Anyone offended by Telegraph picture or the fact that L`oreal are using pretty Lady to sell their goods??.
Yes, actually. I think it is a sad state of affairs that the average Telegraph reader (privileged and at least partially educated) should be so vacuous.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes, actually. I think it is a sad state of affairs that the average Telegraph reader (privileged and at least partially educated) should be so vacuous.

English Grammar not my best subject either. Are you anti all Daily papers and their readers or just the Sun and telegraph?

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Meaning exploitation doesn't need to come at gun point. I would suggest that many exploited people are making the choice to be the situation they are in, doesn't stop them being exploited. Maybe they have little other choice.

I agree it is pretty sad, but surely it is symptomatic of a larger problem if girls feel that the only thing they can offer the world is getting their tits out for the pleasure of men. Personally I would like to live in a world where girls (and boys comes to that) have a wider choice of vocation.

So why remove a choice?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Does anyone actually buy this rag with the intention of getting their daily eyeful of bazookers.

Never got it myself or the point of page 3, won't be missed

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Absolute cobblers, what a ridiculous conclusion. It has nothing to do with "men being in the ascendency" - it would never happen because newspapers do not show pictures of exposes genitals, period.

Ugh.

That's convenient. I'm sure had these long standing rules been drawn up with female assistance, they might have looked a little different.

As a side issue - Can anyone find me someone who isn't a straight male or hasn't directly or indirectly financially benefitted from page 3 that is speaking out on behalf of it?

There are tons of feminist bloggers who are criticising the campaigning priorities of the NMP3 campaigners. Literally, loads. This is not a feminism versus sexist men argument, you really need to widen your reading matter if you think that. There is a certain kind of privileged white Guardian feminist crowd who are very good at presenting themselves as the official face of feminism because they have the middle class contacts to the mainstream media - but these are generally the least interesting voices that feminism produces.

https://stavvers.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/and-theyve-replaced-page-3-with-something-far-worse/

https://desiredxthings.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/a-few-thoughts-on-the-demise-of-page-3/

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are tons of feminist bloggers who are criticising the campaigning priorities of the NMP3 campaigners. Literally, loads. This is not a feminism versus sexist men argument, you really need to widen your reading matter if you think that. There is a certain kind of privileged white Guardian feminist crowd who are very good at presenting themselves as the official face of feminism because they have the middle class contacts to the mainstream media - but these are generally the least interesting voices that feminism produces.

https://stavvers.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/and-theyve-replaced-page-3-with-something-far-worse/

https://desiredxthings.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/a-few-thoughts-on-the-demise-of-page-3/
Let's face it there really is no victory. Until people decide to stop reading the sun et all then it will continue to pollute our society.

Shouldn't stop us enjoy this small symbolic victory though, social progress is always slow.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I follow Stavvers as it goes. She's hardly sticking up for page 3 is she?

And correct me if I'm wrong but the second blog, thought provoking as it is, falls foul of the "haven't directly or indirectly financially benefited from" proviso. It doesn't make that voice any less worthy, just biased.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not overly bothered as I don't buy The Sun, but I'd usually have a cheeky flick to Page 3 if there was one laying around. A victory for the PC brigade I suppose. What was the harm in it ? Is the world a better place now there is no more page 3 ?

"Campaigners celebrating" - I mean christ, how empty must your life be to actually lead a campaign on it.

Feminists celebrating a decline in freedom of choice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here