Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Sun's page 3

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Guardian reader here.

To be fair, page 3 actually did degrade women and encouraged people to view them as cheap worthless sluts and sex objects to satisfy the predatory carnal lust of men.

Really ? I think regardless of Page 3, the people who hold those views actually have some very deep-seated problematic issues of their own. To lay the blame for that at The Suns Page 3 is, IMO, misguided.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I see boobs like this..... in the one hand........ or in the other

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Really ? I think regardless of Page 3, the people who hold those views actually have some very deep-seated problematic issues of their own. To lay the blame for that at The Suns Page 3 is, IMO, misguided.

Indeed. The level of parenting or lack of it is no doubt the deciding factor on this particular topic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised Page 3 has gone on for this long, to be honest.

It was on dodgy ground with the arrival of video recorders, even dodgier when Madonna started getting her kit off on MTV, then entirely superfluous with the arrival of the internet and Babestation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will never forget the day when one of our staff appeared in the final of a competition to find a new Page 3 girl (page 3 Idol I think). No-one knew she'd entered until the paper appeared. She eventually won.....and went on to date Zamora before ditching him for someone from Plymouth Argyle........

Had hours of fun asking the crusty old head of compliance when he was bringing out a calendar, moving the team onto hardcore etc. Happy days.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Don't give a monkey's, but in my youff I recall seeing Sian Adey Jones....very nice 'back in the day'.

She was a cracker. Had a topless picture of her hidden on the inside door of my wardrobe when I was a youngster. Not the best place to hide it really.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She was a cracker. Had a topless picture of her hidden on the inside door of my wardrobe when I was a youngster. Not the best place to hide it really.

Bit awkward having to crawl into a dark wardrobe to crack one off surely ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Correct. I can't remember the last time I bought The Sun, so the fact there's no more Page 3 doesn't affect me one way or the other. Pictorial tittage is a highly accessible commodity in this day and age, its as near as makes no difference that it'll no longer be present in "Britains Favourite Newspaper".

I just find I get aggravated when these shrill minority do-gooders preach to the majority on what we should and shouldn't be allowed to choose to see - and then crow from the rooftops when they get what they want. Obviously there is a line to be drawn on what we should be allowed to see - but Page 3 is so far behind that line its over the bloody horizon.
As 'shrill' seems to be a word you're fond of perhaps you could tell me when it is that agents for change (whatever their cause) stop being 'shrill'? Is it when they're in the majority? Or when they agree with you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do they still have the page 7 fella?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As 'shrill' seems to be a word you're fond of perhaps you could tell me when it is that agents for change (whatever their cause) stop being 'shrill'? Is it when they're in the majority? Or when they agree with you?

Certainly. They stop being shrill when they belt up and go and find something thats actually worth publically wringing their hands over. Because wetting the bed "campaigning" over something as trivial as Page 3 is about as useful and worthwhile as a rowing machine in Kemi's spare room.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Certainly. They stop being shrill when they belt up and go and find something thats actually worth publically wringing their hands over. Because wetting the bed "campaigning" over something as trivial as Page 3 is about as useful and worthwhile as a rowing machine in Kemi's spare room.

Totally agree.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Guardian reader here.

To be fair, page 3 actually did degrade women and encouraged people to view them as cheap worthless sluts and sex objects to satisfy the predatory carnal lust of men.

I think there are a lot worse cases of degrading women going on in this world. The girls on page 3 are not forced into doing it, they have a choice.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
....and SAJ was lovely saj.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So it's if they agree with you then? OK, fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here