Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Sun's page 3

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
People shouting out "show us yer tits" in the street, or grabbing boobs, or holding up Page 3 and publically grading them, or who would go around grabbing (theoretical) balls if balls were on Page 3, are either immature sub-literate cretins or just genuinely obnoxious oafs. These people will continue to exist in our world whether there is a Page 3 or not.

Back in the 60s and 70s when racism was deemed relatively acceptable, would you say that racisms etc shouldnt have been made illegal because racist people 'will always exist'? If you remove these attitudes from the public eye then they will start to disappear from society.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So your beef isn't about the tits it's about the minority groups?

Correct. I can't remember the last time I bought The Sun, so the fact there's no more Page 3 doesn't affect me one way or the other. Pictorial tittage is a highly accessible commodity in this day and age, its as near as makes no difference that it'll no longer be present in "Britains Favourite Newspaper".

I just find I get aggravated when these shrill minority do-gooders preach to the majority on what we should and shouldn't be allowed to choose to see - and then crow from the rooftops when they get what they want. Obviously there is a line to be drawn on what we should be allowed to see - but Page 3 is so far behind that line its over the bloody horizon.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
but Page 3 is so far behind that line its over the bloody horizon.

Surely you can see that the inside of a national 'family' newspaper surely is not an acceptable place to overtly objectify women?

In fact I know you can, you've done well on this fishing trip. Had me going as well.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Correct. I can't remember the last time I bought The Sun, so the fact there's no more Page 3 doesn't affect me one way or the other. Pictorial tittage is a highly accessible commodity in this day and age, its as near as makes no difference that it'll no longer be present in "Britains Favourite Newspaper".

I just find I get aggravated when these shrill minority do-gooders preach to the majority on what we should and shouldn't be allowed to choose to see - and then crow from the rooftops when they get what they want. Obviously there is a line to be drawn on what we should be allowed to see - but Page 3 is so far behind that line its over the bloody horizon.

All change starts with "minority do-gooders."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
'Get a grip' springs to mind.

If you are still having to get a grip over Page 3, I do have some slightly more advanced material that might assist you in your task, and I don't mean the Grattans catalogue.

#DanishCumbath27

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Another victory for munters r us, The only reason these women campaign against page 3 is because no-one wants to see them, or their sweaty ,hairy growlers in the papers

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Not too fussed about Page Three either but I know what you mean about the shrill lobbying. I wasn't big on fox-hunting either but I imagine if you were, having a load of townie activists ruining it for you didn't go down too well.

Sooner or later the meddlers will get involved in banning something we all as individuals like and would rather was left alone. Beer springs to mind...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you are still having to get a grip over Page 3, I do have some slightly more advanced material that might assist you in your task, and I don't mean the Grattans catalogue.

#DanishCumbath27

Nowt wrong with Grattans. I nearly went blind perusing the swimwear section in the 1986 Spring/Summer edition.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I will miss the little nuggets like this that accompanied the photos

499e1d4f148618c1b33db6e171f91975.jpg

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

I tend to agree. The only thing that i think *might* make a difference, is what it tells the next generation, there's more to life than how your boobs look...

That being said Nikki Minaj has a much higher profile amongst kids than the sun.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I can think of at least a dozen good reasons not to buy The Sun, but page 3 isn't one of them.

Hurry up and get that statement printed on a banner before tomorrow nights game.

I used to buy the Daily Sport for the financial pages. Summarised by a lady with her jugs out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here