Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Huddersfield v Barnsley game

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not sure what could have been done to stop it? Posh were ahead with seven mins to play anyway. They really only need to look at themselves rather than Yorkshire where two teams scored four goals and took turns dumping each other in the relegation zone all afternoon.

Yes, how dare Peterborough concede a free kick which wasn't a free kick in a million years!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would be more pissed off as a Peterborough fan that Jedinak scored the winner but shouldn't have been on the pitch. Jedinak smashed his arm into the face of a Peterborough player in full view of the linesman just before Mendez-Laing went down the wing and scored their 2nd goal. 10 minutes later he received a yellow card for a similar foul.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is this any different to playing the ball into the corner flag area and just shielding the ball, to obtain either a throw, corner or free kick.

At least both teams weren't playing for a 0-0 from the start (Southampton- Tottenham ?)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's funny when you are losing its time wasting, when you are winning its called keeping the ball as long as possible. I would think if we were 1-0 up against Palace at the home leg with a minute to go. Would you want our players to rush to take a throw in, free kick or goal kick?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I like the way the Lino had been given the heads up over the radio and hence had a 2 second start on the fans for the race across the pitch :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, how dare Peterborough concede a free kick which wasn't a free kick in a million years!
...and not defend it properly.

Or are you saying the Barnsley keeper should have KNOWN Peterborough conceded from a dodgy free-kick decision and thought "it's not fair on Peterborough, so stuff our self preservation"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's funny when you are losing its time wasting, when you are winning its called keeping the ball as long as possible. I would think if we were 1-0 up against Palace at the home leg with a minute to go. Would you want our players to rush to take a throw in, free kick or goal kick?

Time wasting in dead ball situations is a different scenario, to be fair.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

If the ref had given that against us in an important match the whole board would have been up in arms...shocking decision ..even Holloway had the good grace to admit that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
which is what?
can you rephrase it so it makes sense.

Some people in this thread are demonstrating a lack of understanding of the game of football. Jesus, could u REALLY not gather that from my original post? Palava.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Some people in this thread are demonstrating a lack of understanding of the game of football. Jesus, could u REALLY not gather that from my original post? Palava.

Gotcha now, cheers.
No did not get that from the original post unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here