Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The End Of Shipbuilding In Portsmouth

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is this about the 1600 who lost their jobs for BAE systems? A company that makes drone planes.

I have no sympathy for anyone who has worked for that company that continually progress murder technology. I hope the people now with no job have a good think about where they put their life energy and focus.

It sounds like you are happy to see hard working people lose their jobs.
Give yourself a clap.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
It sounds like you are happy to see hard working people lose their jobs.
Give yourself a clap.

Working hard doesn't demand respect.

Working towards a better planet and less oppression demands respect.

I'm neither happy nor sad, but find the mindset of the news, and therefore the people, very strange. BAE are toxic, and people giving their lives to such a toxic outfit would really benefit from the time to contemplate their lives.

I might actually allow myself a clap - thank you.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
About 50% of our companies business is into UK Defence. It is a massive market for Thousands of UK companies, providing jobs for hundreds of thousands of people!!! BAE are a massive part of that and their innovative thinking and designing has allowed for progression into new markets therefore new work for these thousands of companies... Yes this is a sad day, but it was always going to come and they will divest their money into other areas of the business to grow down a different path. People in this country should be glad that BAE are around to provide all the opportunities they do.... i'm guessing you'd like everyone to be a tree hugging loon farming ****ing beetroot or something?

Glad that there are opportunities to help design and build the latest tech murder machines?

So it's either tree hugging or create murder machines in your mind? With nothing in between.

Yep, burn all the trees, and load the billions of humans up with Chuck Norris style weapons.....that'll be a fun utopia.....wow, your so visionary.......at least people will have work tho so we shouldn't complain......pfff.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Working hard doesn't demand respect.

Working towards a better planet and less oppression demands respect.

I'm neither happy nor sad, but find the mindset of the news, and therefore the people, very strange. BAE are toxic, and people giving their lives to such a toxic outfit would really benefit from the time to contemplate their lives.

I might actually allow myself a clap - thank you.

Did BAE control the shipyard when most of the workers started their apprenticeships ? I think not.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Great idea Hybrid. We should have disarmed in 1939. Then you'd be talking German.

If you ever decide to read some books you may see that BRITISH banks funded both sides, funded the German war machine, then lit the match.

People gaining respect for working for a large drone plane outfit, that murders civilians for oil IS VERY DIFFERENT to defending an invasion from a fascist elite.

But it didn't really matter did it? England is now run by European Central Banks (Fascist elite), Englishness is near dead, and the strongest Economy in Europe is Germany by miles.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You really shouldn't try and debate with hybrid sex - there is another long running thread about conspiracy theories that proves he is an absolute..... :bla: :tosser:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
You really shouldn't try and debate with hybrid sex - there is another long running thread about conspiracy theories that proves he is an absolute..... :bla: :tosser:

Thank you for your intelligent comment - really adds to the debate. pffff. If you have an issue with a post in the other thread - post there - if it's all nonsense to you - why spend your time reading it? That makes you the fool.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pompey workers sacrificed for votes to keep Scotland in the Union ? What do NSCers think about this ?

I'm in Glasgow right now. Today's news from BAE which includes 600 job losses at Clyde shipyard is being declared as a disaster by the local media. They won't give two shits that Portsmouth has lost more. Winning votes in Scotland? Don't think so.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Yep, BAE systems, nice bunch - giving us the Astute Class Nuclear Submarines....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astute_class_submarine

We should all really feel for those poor souls who no longer work for them.

The Astute class carries Cruise Missiles that have a range of a thousand miles able to reach 98% of Earth’s surface, Spearfish torpedoes capable of sinking the largest Aircraft carriers and with the latest in stealth and radar technology means the enemy will never know it’s there. The ultimate in COWARDICE - hide under the sea and fire nukes.....pffff.

Some of you in this thread really need your heads examined. You seriously think that working for a company that creates nuclear missiles is respectable, and even worse, required.

pfffffffff.

It's like some crazy blood thirsty asylum in this thread.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Completely irrelavent. Know who you work for each day, and know what your energy goes towards each day.

Totally relevant , some people don't have the choice of changing careers.

What do you do for a living?, genuine question.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
The Astute class carries Cruise Missiles that have a range of a thousand miles able to reach 98% of Earth’s surface, Spearfish torpedoes capable of sinking the largest Aircraft carriers and with the latest in stealth and radar technology means the enemy will never know it’s there.

In other words, a ****ing AWESOME piece of kit!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
maybe we should be voting in kicking Scotland out of the Union ???
regards
DR

Please do. Scotland will do just fine.

Don't blame Scotland for the Tory cuts. As per always the nasty party knows the price or everything and the value of nothing.

They've got previous. Thatcher tried to bribe Scotland by flogging off all the council houses with a vision of turning everyone into self-centred greedhead Tory Property Owners. Didn't work. Everybody in Scotland bought their council houses at a knockdown price and the Tories still lost their deposits.

Blame the pure criminals who brought about the financial crisis and who the UK hasn't got the guts to put behind bars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here