Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The elephant in the room - Our defensive record

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Losing the players was always part of the deal. Failing to have a plan B is the problem. Either a short-term rental or not loaning Alzate out would have given breathing space while Baleba is got ready.
100% agree.

Selling Moises was always going to happen, but replacing him with someone who is considered as not ready ready was a mistake - although maybe Baleba will start on Sunday.....

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
The constant passing around at the back terrifies me. I understand the purpose of it, but I don't like it at all.
You must have been having a pretty bad time of it for the last 5 years then lol. I love it and I love how good at it we are.

In terms of our big issue, our defensive unit looks all at sea when a team breaks wide or overload us. The marking has gone to pot and the midfield isnt giving enough cover. Billy is great with the ball but not the wrecking ball that Caceido was and Dahoud doesnt seem interested in doing any defensive work at all. Unfortunately, Baleba looked a long way off being ready for our possession game at Chelsea.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You must have been having a pretty bad time of it for the last 5 years then lol. I love it and I love how good at it we are.

In terms of our big issue, our defensive unit looks all at sea when a team breaks wide or overload us. The marking has gone to pot and the midfield isnt giving enough cover. Billy is great with the ball but not the wrecking ball that Caceido was and Dahoud doesnt seem interested in doing any defensive work at all. Unfortunately, Baleba looked a long way off being ready for our possession game at Chelsea.
The other thing about Caicedo that I thought was overlooked was his uncanny anticipation. Being in the right place to make an interception instead of a tackle was a big part of his game, and we'll have to see whether Baleba has that.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think when Baleba is used to our system, then we’ll be better defensively as and when he is played. But as the Yanks like to say, “Offence is the best form of defence.” Which seems to be RDZ’s philosophy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here