[Albion] The election up all-nighter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very much looking forward to Sunak bumble-f***ing around on Friday afternoon trying to kid people that these results mean nothing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If I wasn't working tomorrow and already knackered I would be tempted but as it stands I'll struggle to keep myself awake much later than 10pm.

I'm going to take the day off for the General Election though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For Private Eye readers the Tees Valley mayor contest looks interesting.
Astonishingly he’s the most likely high profile Tory win, indeed if Labour do unseat him it’d be quite the upset

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very much looking forward to Sunak bumble-f***ing around on Friday afternoon trying to kid people that these results mean nothing.
After the incoming disaster will Sunak trot out the standard "Mid-term elections are always difficult for incumbent governments" when we are almost four and a half years into this parliament?

I fancy he will.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Astonishingly he’s the most likely high profile Tory win, indeed if Labour do unseat him it’d be quite the upset
He had 70% of the vote last time. If he loses it will be a huge blow. Nobody can lose that much support surely?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If their normal council operative competence is involved with the count, I’m expecting the result in July.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
If it was a general election I would have the day off tomorrow, but will watch tonight in bed till I fall asleep

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Well the polls close at 10.00 so I can't imagine the PCC counts going much past 10.20 :lolol:
Well in those places also having local elections they first have to separate the voting slips for those from the PCC ones as they all go in the same box. Here in Goring they will then find at least 2 spoiled ballots for the PCC count courtesy of yours truly and Mrs S

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well in those places also having local elections they first have to separate the voting slips for those from the PCC ones as they all go in the same box. Here in Goring they will then find at least 2 spoiled ballots for the PCC count courtesy of yours truly and Mrs S

Fair point - 10.45 :wink:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pretty much got to - I really cannot wait to find out who my Police and Crime Commissioner will be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
...or as late as you can be bothered with anyway.

Is anyone going to partake of some late-night Professor Sir John Curtice action with me?
When you say Curtice action with you . . . . I'm hoping that's not a typo. If it is, the answer is, you know I am fond of you, in a brotherly sort of way, but one has to draw a line somewhere. ???

(Looking forward to watching heads roll, bearing in mind that the first result, from Sunderland South, probably won't be in at the usual ten past eleven, so brace yourself for lengthy 'what it might mean' analysis around the exit polls).

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I want to, but have to work in the morning, am going to take the day after the GE off though, will 100% be up for that.*

* (with a nap between 11pm and 1am) - will then be on a caffeine drip through until morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports