Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Egg

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Interview with Andy Weir about The Egg;

http://www.topiama.com/r/354/i-am-andy-weir-and-i-wrote-the-egg-ama

Q: I just read this, and my first and only question is, "what do you believe?" aside, That was wonderful. Thank you.

A: I get asked that a lot. No, I don't believe the universe really is that way. It's just a story. It's how I wish the universe was, but not how I think it is.

Q: so what do you believe?

A: I'm agnostic. I just don't know what'll happen when I die.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Interview with Andy Weir about The Egg;

http://www.topiama.com/r/354/i-am-andy-weir-and-i-wrote-the-egg-ama

Q: I just read this, and my first and only question is, "what do you believe?" aside, That was wonderful. Thank you.

A: I get asked that a lot. No, I don't believe the universe really is that way. It's just a story. It's how I wish the universe was, but not how I think it is.

Q: so what do you believe?

A: I'm agnostic. I just don't know what'll happen when I die.

Surely agnosticism is the place to be.

Unless you've had any experience to tell you otherwise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surely agnosticism is the place to be.

agnosticism is the ultimate fence sitting. for most (not all) it comes from fear of making the "wrong" choice, and that fear implies belief in God. depends on definitions of course, i'd consider myself agnostic on say Norse or Greek gods, but firmally athiest on the Abrahamic God.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ultimate nightmare , being reincarnated as a Palace fan :ohmy:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
agnosticism is the ultimate fence sitting. for most (not all) it comes from fear of making the "wrong" choice, and that fear implies belief in God. depends on definitions of course, i'd consider myself agnostic on say Norse or Greek gods, but firmally athiest on the Abrahamic God.

I agree.

I should have added if something really is wrong to you.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This thread is a sure sign of madness in the sense of one talking to oneself. For if we are all as one, as this story eludes, we are writing to ourselves by way of communication through this message board.

Utter, madness I tell thee [myself].

When I was very young, circa 5 or 6, I had a thought that I was the only living thing on the planet and everything else were toys that God took out of his toy box to play / interact with me.

Now, thank god I'm an atheist.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This means that I built the Amex Stadium, infact we all did as we are all the same person. Interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here