Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DUP...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do get the feeling that social media momentum will hound the Tories for sucking up to a political wing of terrorists, it may only take days, maybe weeks. But when it does, the Tories will be isolated.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I do get the feeling that social media momentum will hound the Tories for sucking up to a political wing of terrorists, it may only take days, maybe weeks. But when it does, the Tories will be isolated.

I think it will be as soon as an agreement between the Tories and the DUP is finalised, May's comments about terrorist sympathisers etc will come back to haunt her

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it will be as soon as an agreement between the Tories and the DUP is finalised, May's comments about terrorist sympathisers etc will come back to haunt her

I am of no political persuasion but it does make me rather nausea's to think a Government is sucking up to an ideology.

D

Deleted member 22389

Tories have no choice. End of the day Labour did well but they fell short.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tories have no choice. End of the day Labour did well but they fell short.

No choice? So any scruples they may have had now go out of the window to take ten votes from the DUP? They really are selling their soul. First they show arrogance, complacency and total disregard for the British public, and in order to hold on to power they cosy up with the political wing of a terrorist organisation? Is this what we have come to as a nation? I am ashamed of the 640 so people that are allegedly running our country. I'd have the f'cking lot shot and start again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This chap seems to have some idea of what he is talking about with regard to doing deals with the DUP:

https://t.co/qrXL0yTQWs

This could seriously harm the Tories for years to come. There will be lots of their core vote not happy with doing deals with the likes of the DUP. Tory campaigners regularly doorstepped people with the IRA accusation, and now they're siding up to the other side of an unsavoury coin. That is going to be a hard sell when the press pour over what the DUP are all about. They are far from just a rebranded regional Tory-lite party, there is some seriously questionable views, and while we face so much uncertainty, we create even more in Northern Ireland. Madness.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
DUP want access to single market and free movement after Brexit.

DUP-Arlene-Foster-964014.jpg

DUP-EU-Brexit-964053.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Thought sucking up to the political wing of terrorists was a badge of honour for that lot (sorry wrong terrorists) and a central thesis of Labours Foreign Policy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You couldnt make it up.

No you couldn't make it up. The Tories cosy up with the political wing of a terrorist organisation, well played down by the Brits during the IRA problems, because they used the UVF to do their dirty work, and now that said organisation has a say in our politics? This will alienate the Catholics of NI, the peace that was so hard to come to a conclusion, and why? Why? Because the Tories need 10 votes to stay in power. I find this disgusting and repulsive, and not being of political persuasion I would vote Labour tomorrow rather than have my Govt. suck up to terrorist sympathisers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thought sucking up to the political wing of terrorists was a badge of honour for that lot (sorry wrong terrorists) and a central thesis of Labours Foreign Policy.

The Tories grabbing on to power at all means and sucking up to terrorist wings was not my idea of Utopia. It just shows how far these people will go to stay in charge. Can say what you like about Corbyn (not a supporter) but (I assume) he hasn't gone begging for Sinn Fienns 7 votes to give him the chance of a minority Govt. This whole 7 weeks just stinks of arrogance and power at any cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here