Votes: 4 3.0%
  • No, it's a little bit too soon yet

Votes: 130 97.0%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't image the Archbishop of Canterbury would have passed comment on the disgraced son of the Head of The Church of England and the Monarch without the tacit agreement / approval of the Palace. I'm sure this was Welby 'testing the waters' of public opinion on behalf of the Royal Family.

The waters are clearly muddied and putrid, Have you seen the THames round Westminster these days? Thicker than a boxing day turd.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What are people doing in York? Do they really need a duke? What does a duke do anyway?

The way Andy from WIndsor see's it, a Duke can do what he likes as he has a royal pardon and a bottomless velvet purse

Traditionally I think a Duke was a slightly more upstanding memeber of society.

York is very nice, definitely a rung up from Portslade.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From the moment this whole thing broke, the Palace (and the Government, unless they were completely incompetent) had access to the DOY security records, signed by every officer for the last 30 years (and probably beyond) and had a fairly simple decision to make based on all of that.

Either she's a complete loon and you should take her to court with all the evidence you have (signed by police and security forces for the last 30 years) or

Give her £12M for no apparent reason and hope she goes away

Tough decision :facepalm:

I suspect there's slightly less people who believe 'Johnson is doing the best in a bad situation which is none of his making' but a Venn diagram may be informative :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sad for her Majesty that her favourite son won't t be at her service of Thanksgiving but given the negative headlines I think contracting covid may be a blessing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sad for her Majesty that her favourite son won't t be at her service of Thanksgiving but given the negative headlines I think contracting covid may be a blessing.
It's certainly the only positive news story about him for years!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The way Andy from WIndsor see's it, a Duke can do what he likes as he has a royal pardon and a bottomless velvet purse

Traditionally I think a Duke was a slightly more upstanding memeber of society.

York is very nice, definitely a rung up from Portslade.

Oi.

Last time I was in York we drank in a pub that made the grottier ones in the Slarde look like Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons. The barmaid had facial tattoos and the only other people in there were a family with kids who had just picked up from the school run, yet the parents were a good few pints in. This was about 4pm on a Monday. They did a special price for three sambucas which, the barmaid told us was "mainly for a regular who comes in for them every morning".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Having just read a bit about what Welby said, I think he’s being accused of saying something he didn’t say. He claims to have been talking much more generally about forgiveness in society.

I haven’t read or heard what Welby said, but I do remember a few years ago that Rowan Williams gave a lecture about Sharia Law - I have no particular problem with Welby, but Williams is ten times the man he is. I read the text of the lecture, which was heavy going, because it was causing a stir. I then heard a Daily Express journalist - Ann Leslie? - being interviewed about it and it was blatantly obvious that either she hadn’t read/heard it, had misunderstood it, or was wilfully misrepresenting it. I suspect a mixture of the first and the last of those options. She said he was advocating the introduction of Sharia Law, which he certainly did not.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Oi.

Last time I was in York we drank in a pub that made the grottier ones in the Slarde look like Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons. The barmaid had facial tattoos and the only other people in there were a family with kids who had just picked up from the school run, yet the parents were a good few pints in. This was about 4pm on a Monday. They did a special price for three sambucas which, the barmaid told us was "mainly for a regular who comes in for them every morning".

Out on the pull eh? :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would you have shagged the young blonde bird ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If this Covid reason is an excuse, it certainly shows how’s ruthless the royal family can be to keep the show on the road!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here