Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Drifters in Brighton last night.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Did anyone go?

If so, how was it?

Absolutely gutted I couldn't make it. Proper music.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Hmmm, I saw the so called Drifters at Rochester a couple of years back and they were dreadful. However, the voice of the Drifters was Johnny Moore, a real legend, who died in 1998.

I was lucky enough to see THE Drifters at Eastbourne Kings Club in 1984 with the man himself and Ben E. King. What a treat.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
That sounds incredible. Stand By Me makes the hairs on the back of me neck stand up. Incredible music.

It makes me angry when I hear some of the shit now a days that tops the charts.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I was fed false information, it appears its next Sunday. Can't make that either. Blinding.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife likes them so have seen the a number of times. On one occasion we was at The Lakeside in Frimley when they were appearing and they were also advertised as appearing in Teneriffe so I asked their what appeared to be manager how they could do it and she said provided one of the original band was in it any group could form and use the name so presumably Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney could get a group together again and call them The Beatles. I those days early 90s The Drifters were very good, very slick with their routine etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here