Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between this and the last 2 seasons

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Very encouraging that goals are being scored by Dunk and now Greer. Reaping rewards for far more positive play. Under Oscar they'd have struggled to make the halfway line.

Errrr. ........personally I'd prefer them to do their own jobs properly - which reading a few comments and reports they didn't seem to do today (just arrived back from me hols so wasn't there!) - and let our midfield and strikers bang the goals in!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bit I don't get is:-

EVERYBODY knows we gave away 6 points at the start of the season.
We ALL know that's because Burker is sh*te, Bloom is tight & Barber doesn't want to lose his bonus.

But of the last 6 points, we only have 1.

Surely Wed :lol: & Charlton at Home - Brum & Brentford away are similar enough games to continue losing your pooh over.

So why are the beds still dry?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The bit I don't get is:-

EVERYBODY knows we gave away 6 points at the start of the season.
We ALL know that's because Burker is sh*te, Bloom is tight & Barber doesn't want to lose his bonus.

But of the last 6 points, we only have 1.

So why are the beds still dry?
Obvious I would have thought. One point from six is 100% improvement on zero from six........

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Well everyone is different.

I go to football to be entertained.

I frequently left Falmer last season feeling anything but.

I really was close to giving up with it all, so bored was I. But this season I have a renewed vigour. Yes we've lost today, but we tucked away a couple of goals and played with intent.

In an ideal world we'd be tight at the back and ruthless going forward, brushing teams aside on our way to the title. That's not realistic though. So if it's a choice between being tight and playing for draws to try and sneak our way into the play offs again, OR getting a bit more gung ho and having a few high scoring games that sometimes go our way and at other times don't, with a mid table finish, then I'll take the latter right now.

We've done tight and boring, and I didn't like it.

Pretty much this. Although there could be really entertaining games that we win though. We as usual need a little patience to see if Sammi really could pull that off. May be next season but ..........Imagine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Our defence was shocking today - truly shocking all four defenders and keeper.

My sons U18 defence will all play better than Dunk did tomorrow he had a total mare but these things happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well everyone is different.

I go to football to be entertained.

I frequently left Falmer last season feeling anything but.

I really was close to giving up with it all, so bored was I. But this season I have a renewed vigour. Yes we've lost today, but we tucked away a couple of goals and played with intent.

In an ideal world we'd be tight at the back and ruthless going forward, brushing teams aside on our way to the title. That's not realistic though. So if it's a choice between being tight and playing for draws to try and sneak our way into the play offs again, OR getting a bit more gung ho and having a few high scoring games that sometimes go our way and at other times don't, with a mid table finish, then I'll take the latter right now.

We've done tight and boring, and I didn't like it.

This is my take on Brighton and has been for years now. Agree

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Cant understand that attitude. I want us to win failing that settle for draw. I dont want to see us lose by any score whether it be 1-0, 3-2 or 7-6. Strange attitude.

I don't think it's strange at all. Yes, of course we'd all prefer a win, but for me also, I'd rather lose with passion than endlessly pass the ball backwards and sideways and draw 0-0. Winning will come, I feel more confident than I have for sometime.
Where we are struggling in my opinion is that we got the team together far, far too late. Consequently we are now playing our league games with a completely different team from that which we went through our pre-season games with. Those games are an important springboard for the season which we have sadly missed out on. But it's a good squad and we are going forward.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a new team playing a totally new style. I can live with a few of these so long as it's us on the right end of the scoreline by November / December. The reason so many people including me lost their shit after the Wednesday game was that we didn't score, didn't look like scoring and still tried to play this way. Calderon at left wing back. Fenelon and COG up front. It's not remembering that that's revisionist.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Probably because there are no expectations this season. The drop in attendances reflects the general apathy.

There was a drop last season due, I think, to the dull football. Few were really excited, even around play-off time.

Can't be arsed to check, but I bet attendances in Aug/Sept this season aren't significantly lower than last. It's just the time of year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a new team playing a totally new style. I can live with a few of these so long as it's us on the right end of the scoreline by November / December. The reason so many people including me lost their shit after the Wednesday game was that we didn't score, didn't look like scoring and still tried to play this way. Calderon at left wing back. Fenelon and COG up front. It's not remembering that that's revisionist.

Yup

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I go to football to be entertained, but I don't find 'you have a shot, we'll have a shot' games entertaining. I want a team that is strong in defence, comfortable in possession, and plays with an intent to score goals, that's not the same as 'let's throw everything at them and hope we outscore them'. The only time I want to see us forego structure and possession based build ups in an urgency to score a goal is when we are losing and time is starting to run short.

Having said that, what do fans want from other fans?! If there was the rush of threads you're pointing out aren't there, those people would be criticised (though there have been plenty of negative posts in various threads this evening). They would be shouted down with "it's our first loss in 5 games", "be fair, Brentford have now won 18 of our last 21 matches at their place, they're a bogey team for us there'.

Generally, things are looking ok for us. After a poor start, we signed some good players and put in some good performances, everyone has had two weeks off, some of our squad has been away on international duty, two of our players were making their full debuts, and Brentford have had a better start to the season than us.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I thought Brentford played well and different to many other sides we will play this season. On the day they were the better side - but we look like there is plenty of improvement to be had. If crofts strike had gone in - different game!

Not sure about our keeper though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here