The difference between BHA and B'muff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Lies,damned lies,and statistics.

Bournemouth are ok,and it wasn't their fault that the officials buggered things up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The only worrying stat is that a team that hit top around that date drops off.Looking at previous seasons it has happened quite a few times.

Time for that to change then!!!! :ascarf:

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Hi ho, Bournemouth fan here.

In peace (I hope. It never seems to last long though.)

Eddie Howe along with just about every manager in the Football League, apart from Tony Pulis, claims that his team are a "passing side".

Not strictly true, but he's not likely to say "We just like to lump the ball upfield because the midfield's rubbish and we've got a couple of huge donkeys upfront".

At times this season our football, home and away has been stunning.
The Withdean and 2 trips to the Stains being the glaring exceptions.

As one of your posters has said, we destroyed Peterborough, Carlisle, Exeter etc. Huddersfield scraped a draw at home and the Wednesday statistics don't really do the game justice.

Its not just about pretty passing, and if that's all Brighton have got then God help you later in the season when it gets muddy, desperate and ugly, Howe tends to mix games up with different tactics depending on who we play.
We're no one trick pony this season; last season once we had been watched a few times teams knew how to make life difficult for us.

To be honest, however pretty both teams football may be, I can't see either of us getting automatic promotion.

See, that was peaceful wasn't it?

I can do nasty if you want. :D

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why neither of us????
Have you been seriously impressed with southampton,huddersfield or peterborough of late?we have a massive chance as we've lost 1 game and have the best defense in the league.If need be we can add to our quality squad in jan,although a quality striker would be nice.

Long way to go but im not impressed with any of the above this season as they lose far to often.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

Eddie Howe along with just about every manager in the Football League, apart from Tony Pulis, claims that his team are a "passing side".

Not strictly true, but he's not likely to say "We just like to lump the ball upfield because the midfield's rubbish and we've got a couple of huge donkeys upfront".

As one of your posters has said, we destroyed Peterborough, Carlisle, Exeter etc. Huddersfield scraped a draw at home and the Wednesday statistics don't really do the game justice.

Its not just about pretty passing, and if that's all Brighton have got then God help you later in the season when it gets muddy, desperate and ugly, Howe tends to mix games up with different tactics depending on who we play.
We're no one trick pony this season; last season once we had been watched a few times teams knew how to make life difficult for us.

To be honest, however pretty both teams football may be, I can't see either of us getting automatic promotion.

they dont do nasty to us Ken..decent lot on here (even when they were robbed a few weeks ago) - the scummer was nasty but thats to be expected

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Huddersfield, Wednesday, Charlton should all be there at the end.

Brighton and AFCB's biggest problem is that its all been too bloody easy so far; there's a string of poor performances and results just round the corner.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Brighton and AFCB's biggest problem is that its all been too bloody easy so far; there's a string of poor performances and results just round the corner.
For you yeah but we have a great squad thats the diffrence:pTo easy or maybe a bloody good solid side????

Obviously blips are to come thats inevitable:shrug:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

thanks for posting and all that... but i'm afraid we are STREETS ahead of bournemouth, and everybody else on this league for that matter. and no i'm not going OTT on this.

we are basically a mid-table championship side playing in league 1 and will be going up as champions.

looking forward to january 22nd down at your place - we will play you off the park

other than that... good luck with the season. would be great if you guys came up with us and saints and pompoo were playing in league 1 next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It's not just you but I honestly don't understand why people mention Charlton in terms of being up there at the end. They had to sell a lot of their best players in the summer and even before the season I didn't think they would challenge the top six.

As for the other two, I think they will both be up there along with Peterborough and Southampton but I am getting more confident that we will be up there with them at the end of the season.

UTCIAD

Oct 9, 2010
We won't stay on the top 2. I'd love us too, but can't see it. HOWEVER, I have been saying this run has had to end since somewhen last season. Whenever we look to be going through a bad spell, we win or trounce somewhen and go on another run. Saying the good form has to end seems to be something I keep telling myself as a good luck charm these days. :p

I'm thinking top 6 is certainly not out of the question. The only game we played poorly in and got largely dominated was against you. Not sure why it was but probably just one of those days. We deserved nothing and some of you are right, we did sacrifice our footballing principles a bit in that match, but we have various formations we can play. 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3. All have been tried and been effective this season. In fairness, the so-called "negative" one up front formations have been used away from home/when short on strikers, which we've had a problem with.

At home, we have been two up top and played some stunning football and scored a hatful of goals. Did the same at the weekend at times. Made a good Wednesday outfit look ordinary in comparison, which was quite a thrill considering the obvious large gap between the size of the clubs, if not the league.

I don't get why we are being discounted so quickly by some people on here and some fans of some certain other local clubs, but it's all fine. We are at our best when battling against the odds, be it the football league and having to play with three subs or not.

Good luck for the rest of the season and who knows, we may both be leaving lowly Saints behind come May 2011. Hopefully.

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Like the cut of your jib les dynam.

Self delusion is always a good way to get through the day.

I'm going to have to stick around just to gloat as the wheels come off.

"we are basically a mid-table championship side playing in league 1 and will be going up as champions."

Nurse get a bucket and a mop, I fear my sides have split................................

btw, you're welcome down at Dean Court in January; especially if you can do another of those pitch invasions, the anti Bellottii one was fantastic!

Personally I can't see what your problem was with him;at the end of the day you've got a nice shiny new stadium thanks to him.

Sort of. :whistle:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
btw, you're welcome down at Dean Court in January; especially if you can do another of those pitch invasions, the anti Bellottii one was fantastic!

Personally I can't see what your problem was with him;at the end of the day you've got a nice shiny new stadium thanks to him.

Sort of. :whistle:

:fishing:

In welcoming bha, I thought you were going to mention Wayne Henderson's generosity in allowing you to win the game in injury time a few years back.

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Was that the magical late goal by our ace goal machine , now departed to warm his arse at Bristol City, Bert Pitman?

How could I have forgotten that one?

Happy days.

I'm still having psychiatic help after the 3-0 at the Withdean a few season's ago though.
One of the worst away games I've been to for many reasons.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

Talks a lot more sense than many on here. Welcome aboard!:thumbsup:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
No offense to Bournemouth; they have done brilliantly to be second atm, but I think the difference between our two sides is depth. It seems our bench always has a lot of players who we'd like to bring on if needed and who could fit in very nicely. E.g, Elphick/Greer/El-Abd on the bench, Brezovan, Bridcutt/Kish, Baz/LuaLua, Sparrow, Jamie Smith, Sandaza (ish), Barnes if we go one up front or whatever...

I do live very near Bournemouth, and so have a lot of Cherries fans as friends, and they see their only problem is having this small squad. If injuries to Pugh and Feeney (Always rated him very highly) occur then they might struggle.

On the other hand, Bournemouth are always getting the results in big game, bar Charlton and Saints, which is good for them, and reckon top half is guaranteed for them, and play offs not an impossibility to be honest.

Oh, is Symes always as rough as he was against us?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
yes. but i genuinely believe that. we ARE a class apart from everything else in this league, thanks to our utter genius of a manager and our 1-in-a-million chairman.

in gus we trust.

I know ... I know ...... I harbour those same thoughts (albeit with a concern about the return of Lualua). But history is littered with teams that flattered to deceive. I mean Leeds fans last year must have been looking forward to a procession to the title. And what did fans of the South Coast Club think pre-season ? or Middlesborough ?

These are early days. Let's just enjoy the moment. And hope that in six months you are proved to be a wise sage.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not only KLLs return to Newcastle (coals to Newcastle, geddit?) but that often teams make a decisive signing in the January window. Potentially a season changing one. So the relative strength of squads can change a lot in January.

Imagine if Peterborough signed a Gordon Greer. Free scoring but suddenly tight at the back. Presumably SW and Hudd and Southampton have the budget to sign anyone they need - and potentially from clubs like us? The old "six pointer" transfer (like Calderon almost was in the close season).

I'm thrilled by our form and as things stand, see no reason why we can't carry on doing well. But in January, things change.

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Oh no!:facepalm:

I've done it again, one casual remark and now you've all gone from "We're going to walk this league" to "Things could change in January"

Another couple of posts and it'll be "We're staring relegation in the face, Poyet out!".

Sorry, I was only trying to be a realist.

BTW. No idea what happen with Symes against you, he's normally as docile as a big old Jersey cow.
Much of the time he also has the footballing ability of one; although I can't see us selling him anytime soon as we need the milk............................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports