Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Demise of The Ticket Stub

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another reason for it being a shame is that my memory is a little sketchy of some of the gigs. Sometimes a Google to see who the support band was triggers the memory, metal and rock gigs often had a 'name' support band, but sometimes not. One example is Slayer. I saw their first show in the UK at the Marquee. I also remember seeing them on South of Heaven as I bought a sweatshirt which sticks in my memory......but cannot remember seeing them on Reign in Blood. I must have gone, why wouldnt I?, but nothing jogs my memory.

I also saw Maiden (Somewhere in Time tour), Ozzy (Ultimate Sin) and Dio (Sacred Heart) at Hammersmith. Think my favourite was Metallica on MoP tour; awesome stuff. I saw Motley Crue (with Cheap Trick on ToP tour) on Valentines day and was standing right in front of Nikki Sixx. I remember thinking he looked a bit odd and his eyes were really red and he kept rolling his eyeballs. Decades later I read The Dirt and he mentioned this specific gig and shooting up a load of heroin before going on stage.....which explains everything.
Bloody hell we did go to the same gigs! Who could forget Denzel the dragon at the Dio show!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloody hell we did go to the same gigs! Who could forget Denzel the dragon at the Dio show!
Ha ha. Yes, Dio had the full (slightly wobbly) castle stage show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here