Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Delay in naming a Manager a Coincedence?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
We announced we would not be appointing a new manager untill next week, the same day Southend have their administration hearing put back untill Monday, are we after Tilson? (please note its just ifs and buts im not saying iv seen him in Brighton etc etc i just think he would be excellent)

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
sorry about the poor spelling by the way, oh and i dont read their forum, but cheers for the link.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Steve Tilson seems like s a nice guy and knows his stuff about football, if he did come in hopefully he could bring Barnard and Grant with him.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I suspect we'll end up with someone average like Tilson. How annoying.

Lets face it, he's a decent lower league manager and I doubt he'll have that many good contacts. That said, he did get Darren Barnard from Spurs I think. But my suspicion is that he not the man to make us an established Championship club.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Lets face it, he's a decent lower league manager and I doubt he'll have that many good contacts. That said, he did get Darren Barnard from Spurs I think. But my suspicion is that he not the man to make us an established Championship club.

Its Lee Barnard Simster.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i think he's much better than average, he's not got anywhere near a squad at Southend and is doing very well all things considered.

SamPeters

Nov 3, 2009

its Lee Barnard

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
i was just supposing, why pay compensation now when he's likely to be let go like Gannon was at Stockport.

Supposing Southend come through this hearing, or there's an adjournment, or Tilson doesn't get the boot like Gannon did, or... What a waste of time and effort on TB's part that would be if he were hanging on for that.

Not saying it's not true, but what a way to handle things. Either Tilson's interested in the Brighton job or he's not. Surely the admin stuff would be a secondary consideration.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Supposing Southend come through this hearing, or there's an adjournment, Tilson doesn't get the boot like Gannon did, or... What a waste of time and effort on TB's part that would be if he were hanging on for that.

Not saying it's not true, but what a way to handle things. Either Tilson's interested in the Brighton job or he's not. Surely the admin stuff would be a secondary consideration.

good point i didn't think of it that way, good job there are some Pro's on the board and its not run by me, i still wouldn't have a replacement for Adams!! Saying that they would still owe £700,000 so then we could just pay the compo..??

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Don't worry, he'll only be here for six months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here