Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The definition of ‘frivolous appeal’?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm pretty sure that even a spent sentence [suspended or served] appears on a DBS check or a Disclosure Scotland.
If you need any of BC, SC or DV security clearance then it will definitely show up on those checks.

At such a young age, this will almost certainly crop up at some point in her career to her detriment [assume she won't be on the buildings]

el punal

As a wishy-washy leftie liberal Oxford educated Christian, I think this is daft and I would personally like to see her sentence increased. I am not sure I would want to be treated by doctor, however brilliant, who had a history of drug-crazed knife attacks.

I am all for giving people a chance, but this one stinks of privilege.

You forgot to mention that you're a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion, no wishy-washiness there! :drink:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I think that you all are doing her a disservice. She has obviously seen the light and the error of her ways, and how unfair it all seems.She accepts that the sentence was far too lenient and now wants to take her punishment like a man. She is throwing herself on the mercy of the courts to treble her sentence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She's appealing under the grounds that there was no knife & that the Police made it up on hearsay.
I assume this is a joke, but I don't get it?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I still think the boyfriend is a complete c**t.

What sort of person grasses their own girlfriend to the police and ruins their future prospects because of a domestic argument :shrug:
From what I've read the "stabbing" with a bread knife did barely any damage which is why she only got a suspended sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here