Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I just can't take anyone seriously who responds to any post with an opening of "Er".

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
I am afraid 'the left " have lost its way in many areas .
Europe being one of the the prime examples of this.
I think it is a reflex .Nationalists and xenophobes are anti EU
so we must be pro.It is a variation of the fallacy the enemy of my
enemy is my friend .
Democracy is weak and ineffective at a national level.
At an EU wide level the voter turn out tells the story.
The free movement of capital and labour is great for capital
not so good for labour.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As David Cameron arrives in Riga, a columnist for the Washington Post writes about the inward turn of the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...tain-resigned-as-a-global-power-10269098.html

All can be traced back to Thatcher selling everything off to the highest bidder and shutting our industry down. Now Cameron is going to work, mopping up the working classes that Labour managed to help get retrained, re educated and re invigorated , Labour got those very people back to work and making Britain great again after Thatcher threw us to the dogs and now the Tories are throwing them on to the scrapheap. Britain will never be great again under Tory rule, we will never be a global force while Cameron is selling us down the river. And he's fooled the very people he's destroying, into voting for him. Hold tight, this is going to be rough.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All can be traced back to Thatcher selling everything off to the highest bidder and shutting our industry down. Now Cameron is going to work, mopping up the working classes that Labour managed to help get retrained, re educated and re invigorated , Labour got those very people back to work and making Britain great again after Thatcher threw us to the dogs and now the Tories are throwing them on to the scrapheap. Britain will never be great again under Tory rule, we will never be a global force while Cameron is selling us down the river. And he's fooled the very people he's destroying, into voting for him. Hold tight, this is going to be rough.

Not long now surely Nibbs, you must have packed your bags…I know I'm boring lol

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not long now surely Nibbs, you must have packed your bags…I know I'm boring lol

I'm going to get the pilot to fly by your house and give you a wing tip as I jet off to a land of plenty!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As David Cameron arrives in Riga, a columnist for the Washington Post writes about the inward turn of the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...tain-resigned-as-a-global-power-10269098.html

Thanks for sharing HT.

Strange this obsession that hacks have with the size of armies.

I was chatting with a well known NSC poster the other day about the size of our armed forces, somebody more in the know about these things than most. From that conversation, I only see the size of our force going down. Do we really need to put boots on the ground or men in the air now when technology can control so much for us. Air strikes against insurgents in Iraq can be carried out be remote operators sitting at terminals in Arizona. A Royal Navy vessel can be smaller, faster and carry as much firepower and with less personnel.

Whilst I agree we are no superpower, and I worry about factions that would like us to retreat from the EU, this hack is just that, another amateur hack. I wish to god journalists would write more balanced pieces rather than just grabbing the headlines with cheap angles.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Christ on a bike you are exceptionally ****ing boring beyond belief now. It would perhaps be better if a sub NSC forum was created for people who continuously attack the UK. I suppose the biggest irony is you get free speech yet favour a country totally against free speech not that long ago.

I like this. Perhaps called, "Germany Calling" or something.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I am afraid 'the left " have lost its way in many areas .
Europe being one of the the prime examples of this.
I think it is a reflex .Nationalists and xenophobes are anti EU
so we must be pro.It is a variation of the fallacy the enemy of my
enemy is my friend .
Democracy is weak and ineffective at a national level.
At an EU wide level the voter turn out tells the story.
The free movement of capital and labour is great for capital
not so good for labour.

None of that poem rhymes Kev

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Only one side had nuclear weapons in 1945 and it wasn't the Russians so World War III would have been rather brief and wouldn't have involved the Western Allies being 'thrown out' of anywhere.

You could count the US nuclear arsenal on the fingers of one hand in 1945, and two of those were expended.

It might have been as many as a dozen by mid-1946.

All in the 10-20kt range. When you see pictures of what conventional airpower did to places like Hamburg, and Berlin, it's a difference of degree, not a difference of nature.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You could count the US nuclear arsenal on the fingers of one hand in 1945, and two of those were expended.

It might have been as many as a dozen by mid-1946.

All in the 10-20kt range. When you see pictures of what conventional airpower did to places like Hamburg, and Berlin, it's a difference of degree, not a difference of nature.

The Russians didn't know that and I would bet that just one more dropped on Moscow might have finished the job.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The Russians didn't know that and I would bet that just one more dropped on Moscow might have finished the job.
I think the Russians had a very exact idea of the size of the US arsenal, thanks to the great job the USSR did penetrating the Manhattan project.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
HMS_Queen_Elizabeth.jpg

U wot m8?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I think the Russians had a very exact idea of the size of the US arsenal, thanks to the great job the USSR did penetrating the Manhattan project.

My understanding is that, whatever they knew of the Manhattan Project, the actual dropping of the two Atomic Bombs on Japan had a profound effect on the Russians.

Whether or not they knew that the Americans would have at least half a dozen more bombs ready by the end of 1945 (which they did) is immaterial, the Russians had none at all and no realistic prospect of stopping the Americans delivering theirs.

It is a great shame that the USA did not have the resolve to push the Russians back out of Eastern Europe and back over their border or preferably remove Stalin and his fellow criminals completely, they had a window of opportunity that will never come again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here