Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Day After Tomorrow...do NOT go to see this film.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatbadger said:
Well, characterisation, for a start (and I am talking about books as well as films). What about the grammar (again, of both)? Effect? Affect?

You've lost me.

???

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I read a fantastic review of this film last week, which was as follows:

"Piss poor."

Convinced me to avoid it!

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
By any chance does a young kiddie on a motorbike with his girlfriend on the back weave in and out of millions of citizens fleeing the featured natural disaster from a major US City and reach a hitherto-uncharted piece of high ground about six feet beyond the reach of aforesaid natural disaster.

And is there a sub-plot involving a non-white/non-male US President and his estranged other half?

Just a wild guess like... ???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I dunno about that but the bird in it is absolutely cracking. I'd give her a shift in global currents. Or something.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
edna krabappel said:
I went and saw Harry Potter instead :lolol:

That was bad enough ...:nono:

I thought Day after Tomorrow was fairly good, if you totally suspend any sort of associations with reality or plausibility

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
Why does anyone want to watch any film in a cinema?

I cannot think of a more boring way to spend two or three hours.

Whatever the plot (or lack of it) it has been covered in a book somewhere and I would always far rather read a book.

You can't read a book in 2 hours though (apart from Andy who enjoys the odd Mr Man).

I read quite a lot but enjoy films too. The latest Harry Potter is excellent. I enjoy watching films. Just escape for a couple of hours (not that you can't in books).

Unigeeza

Aug 22, 2003
No No No. I cannot believe this film, it was really that bad. I wasted 2 hours watching the biggest load of shite that I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

OK the effects were quite good and in a cinema they were made even more impressive but the fcuking storyline was so piss poor a retard could have got bored watching, however much he related to the characters ( sorry, no offence intended).

I would definately not recommend going to see if, unless you are anti-american and want to laugh at them. I cringed at so many moments in that film that my teeth are now warn down and I am back to wearing braces. Do not under any circumstances watch this piece of shite!.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot on, Unigeeza.
The storyline is utterly non-existant, and the whole thing is just left up in the air at the end. Its so shoddy. There's token attempts at getting across the GLOBAL impact of what is happening, but thats all they were. Token. Presumably the guys in the scottish weather station ended up dying ? Who knows. The guy who opens the door at the zoo in New York and goes "hey, where are the wolves ?"....duuuuuuuhhhh, are we going to see a pack of WOLVES later on then ? Later on, ahh yes, there they are, quick, run !

So everyone evacuates to Mexico cos, err, its still hot down there. Aaaaand...thats it. Plans for the future ? The way forward now that the entire Northern Hemisphere is under 40ft of ice ? Naah, stuff it, we'll leave it there shall we.

Well. Done. Everyone. :rolleyes:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
What I want to know is, will it increase awareness of global warming?

Unigeeza

Aug 22, 2003
The films should have been dedicated to the 'Memory of Kyoto'.

RIP Kyoto.

Actually while I am at it a few others things in the film pissed me off.

1. Why did we have to send the computer data from Scotland to America to have it processed. Is it such that us little Brits do not have proper computers here and need the superior Americans to help us.

2. The film also implied that Mexico would blackmail the mighty American government into quashing all the debt. I found this slightly disconcerting. I cannot believe any country taking political advantage of a situation as brought up in the film. (I know I am looking too much into this but hey). This was just to reassert Americas financial dominance over countries like Mexico in the mind of the viewer. In a way you are looking into the subconcious of America

I am not Anti American, I just do not believe in cultural imperialism. Films like this just remind me of how superficial hollywood can be. I know that some people will have liked this film but having been to america this film just reminded me of their introspective view of the world.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
You can't read a book in 2 hours though (apart from Andy who enjoys the odd Mr Man).

I read quite a lot but enjoy films too. The latest Harry Potter is excellent. I enjoy watching films. Just escape for a couple of hours (not that you can't in books).

I've seen the Harry Potter films but read the books first. I still prefer the books.

It isn't escapism for me because I find most of the stuff so unbelievable. I'm not talking about fantasy like Harry Potter but general films.

Everybody was raving about Titanic but all it was (as far I can see, as I didn't go to watch it) was an elongated love story.
I knew what the ending was going to be. ???

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Just saw it last night. Nearly puked when that WANKER raised his glass: "To Manchester United". :eek: :angry:

I just wish I'd had something large and chuckable in my hand, as I had an almost uncontrollable urge to hurl something at the screen. The girlfriend was actually quite lucky she didn't find herself flying through the air. She's quite small after all.

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
When someone asked me about this film, my reply was "The special effects are good" that was it. When pressed further, I said "it was like independence day, but with ice instead of aliens" - hadn't realised it were the same director - Doh!

Nice to see the Stiff upper lip Brits resigned to dying quietly shortly after serving their puropse and helping big Uncle Sam. :rolleyes:

Whoever asked about Troy, yeah I thought that was worth recommending, but the one I would go for at the moment is Godsend. That was quite tasty. Haven't seen Farenheit yet as both times we've tried it's been sold out, so saw Godsend and Around the World in 80 Days (quite amusing). I've got one of the Unlimited cards, so seeing the odd stinker of a film isn't so bad cos I generally try to catch everything going.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
The girlfriend made a huge error of judgement and has "procured" this "film on DVD. I have so far banned it from playing in my presence, but she burned my dinner last night, and she needs to be taught a lesson..........

Tonight, she will learn that she knows NOTHING about films!!!!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here