Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never write MVG off.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I love watching the darts. The actual sport can be tense and great to watch, but more than that I love watching the "geezah's and laaaahhhhds" in the background :D

That said, MVG looks to be bottling it at the moment, Taylor to win 7-4 for me.

Wish I'd had money on that!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great final. Well done Phil, MVG will be back.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Can't stand Phil Taylor, great player but so cocky!

Look forward to MVG breaking all his records

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Phil is a legend, MVG is 23 and would have to win every year until he is 40 just to nudge ahead of The Power.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No just 17 times

I stand corrected. He can tie Taylor on 16 titles if he wins every year until 2029. The record-breaker will be in 2030.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Premier League is expanded from 8 to 10 players this year , with bottom two dropping out after the Brighton round in week 9.

ten players are :

Phil Taylor
Adrian Lewis
James Wade
Michael van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock
Andy Hamilton
Wes Newton
Raymond van Barneveld
Gary Anderson
Robert Thornton

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Phil is a legend, MVG is 23 and would have to win every year until he is 40 just to nudge ahead of The Power.

That's if Taylor dosn't win next year and the year after and the year after.......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Premier League is expanded from 8 to 10 players this year , with bottom two dropping out after the Brighton round in week 9.

ten players are :

Phil Taylor
Adrian Lewis
James Wade
Michael van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock
Andy Hamilton
Wes Newton
Raymond van Barneveld
Gary Anderson
Robert Thornton

3 things about that:

1. Where's Chisnall? Currently No.9 in the PDC's own Order Of Merit, 6 places above Robert Thornton.
2. Justin Pipe is No.10 in the Order Of Merit - obviously Barry Hearn thinks he's a boring bastard and will make for bad TV. Unluckly Justin.
3. One year ago if you'd said the 2013 would expand to 10 players you'd have thought Nicholson and Hankey would be knocking on the door - both have had mediocre years.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I think your point number 2 is spot on! I wouldn't want to sit watching that boring twat take 3 minutes to throw each dart!

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
3 things about that:

1. Where's Chisnall? Currently No.9 in the PDC's own Order Of Merit, 6 places above Robert Thornton.
2. Justin Pipe is No.10 in the Order Of Merit - obviously Barry Hearn thinks he's a boring bastard and will make for bad TV. Unluckly Justin.
3. One year ago if you'd said the 2013 would expand to 10 players you'd have thought Nicholson and Hankey would be knocking on the door - both have had mediocre years.

1. I would have put Chisnall in as well but not at the expense of Thornton - Thornton won the UK Open and beaten Taylor a few times plus good for the scottish fans to have more than one player to support.
2. As you say Justin is hardly a player that will excite the crowd , could queue for your beers and still get back and he will still be throwing the same three darts .... he also does well on non-televised events but not so much on tv.
3. Nicholson could been a good shout, Hankey has done nothing , they should have tried to persuade Scott Waites to come across from BDO to PDC and into League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports