Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The cup final

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So if city win then chelsea go into europa league and Newcastle into conference?

If utd win, they get europa league and chelsea to conference with Newcastle missing out.

For that reason I want city to win. Chelsea won't win europa league (poch the bottler will strike again). Newcastle may win conference.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Is it not the case that, whichever competition they end up in, Chelsea will face EUFA FFP/PSR sanctions because their rules sensibly don't allow clubs to sell assets to themselves for 'profit'...?

Also, in terms of the Cup Final itself, my preferred option would be:

Crashing Down Crash Landing GIF by Assassin's Creed

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I really don't like Man Utd. Particularly because their "We've seen it all" chant really grates on me. By 'seen it all' you mean you've seen one division of the entire football pyramid. Never been relegated (in anything like 'recent' football history), never been promoted, never experienced the play-offs, never experienced fearing for the very future of your club, never experienced anything other than playing the same teams over and over again every single year in the same division, with 'failure' being when you don't win a trophy at the end of the season. I would argue that you've seen about 5% of what football is actually about. So shut up and piss off back to Horsham.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It would be hilarious to see Chelsea in the Conference, it would be hilarious to see Newcastle miss out (them stinking out their CL group is part of the reason we didn’t get the extra spot for next season).

It would also be hilarious to see Man Utd miss out (them stinking out their CL group is part of the reason we didn’t get the extra spot for next season).

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
After the joy of the train journey away from Falmer yesterday I can’t decide whether I want City to win by 6 or 7. Difficult one.
I know it'll have felt good to beat us in the league, albeit at the fifth time of asking, but uh, their worst league finish since 1990 and most likely their first season without European qualification since 2014? And they're gloating? :tosser:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After the joy of the train journey away from Falmer yesterday I can’t decide whether I want City to win by 6 or 7. Difficult one.
Yep. This will be one of the few games where I want City to win.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Difficult choice - Man City at a push. Although I'd rather see another pandemic and lockdown thus cancelling the final.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I really don't like Man Utd. Particularly because their "We've seen it all" chant really grates on me. By 'seen it all' you mean you've seen one division of the entire football pyramid. Never been relegated (in anything like 'recent' football history), never been promoted, never experienced the play-offs, never experienced fearing for the very future of your club, never experienced anything other than playing the same teams over and over again every single year in the same division, with 'failure' being when you don't win a trophy at the end of the season. I would argue that you've seen about 5% of what football is actually about. So shut up and piss off back to Horsham.
First I have to pull you up on the Horsham comment you see very few United supporters around the town too many Palace and Chelsea but not United.

Secondly I completely agree with the dislike of United but I did have the pleasure of watching United lose 3-0 to Arsenal in 1973, the season they were relegated from the First Division, which will forever make me smile.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Was all a bit bizarre yesterday they were on the pitch celebrating like they had won the title not just finished in there worst ever place in the premier league with there fans all going a bit mad.
Whilst in Manchester the blue half are celebrating the title again. The gap between them in terms of quality is growing year on year

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I would add that the "You've seen United now f*** off home" chant is another good reason to see them hammered at Wembley but sadly I have heard some of our fans singing a version of this to other opposing fans this season.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I would add that the "You've seen United now f*** off home" chant is another good reason to see them hammered at Wembley but sadly I have heard some of our fans singing a version of this to other opposing fans this season.
Yes, it's the chant of ****s.

I sigh LOUDLY AND WITH EXPRESSION when I hear Albion fans doing it. The twats.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I apply the same logic to this as I did to the league, City to win then when their comeuppance happens all the trophies get wiped and nobody is deemed to have won (like Lance Armstrong’s Tour titles)

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
This to me neatly sums up the difference between most of our fans and most of their's, the arrogance that comes from choosing to take the easy option at a young age of backing a winner and never growing up enough to realise that there is more to life than just always being successful.
It is also encapsulated in another favourite chant of theirs that i just knew was coming when we conceded the second. They needed reminding that they are no longer the best team in the world OR europe OR england. Truth is they are not even the best team in Manchester, and by some distance!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This will sound very bitter, because it is, but I'd like City to absolutely HAMMER United to an embarrassing extent, totally crushing the confidence of Fernandes especially, then in a few months the FFP charges come in, they have all their wins of the past 15 years taken off them, but not handed to the runners-up (because that'd cause a nightmare around relegations etc too if City's points were dismissed). Basically, no-one wins, and Fernandes is a broken man.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
City win please. The sooner they establish complete 100% dominance over every team in every competition, the sooner they get their European Super League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here