Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Crystal Palace v West Brom official thread ****

So Palace are up against a team with literally NOTHING to play for, with a win seeing them stay up.

I can't see anything other than a richly deserved home win here [/sussex].

Yup, and I'm looking forward to the acclaim that pundits will be pouring on the palace strikers at the end of this game - and the "hapless" WBA players who will be cited as making horrid mistakes or unable to stem the fury of the scum onslaught, etcetera.

Fact is that WBA will already be on their summer hols and celebrating promotion, despite the importance of this fixture to the league.

I predict a 4-1 (thoroughly outplayed by 'never-say-die' plucky palace - yeah right).

Still, if Wednesday had won on Saturday, this situation wouldn't have such an inevitability.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I fancy Palace tonight also. WBA have f*** all to play for, Palace have everything to play for.

That scenario cannot be under estimated at this stage of the season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Palace will definitely win tonight, absolutely sure of it. (said in the style of the Sussex Cricket threads on NSC :wink:)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Yes I've seen Pompey shirts around in Worthing as well, but the point is, Pompey do not consider us as their rivals. Its ALL about Southampton for them, as the hatred between those clubs is recipricated.

Honestly BG, the Albion are not even on the radar with them.

Even with Pompey's recent resurgence (apart from this comical season) into the Premier League & FA Cup win there have been no more Portsmouth shirts around Worthing and Littlehampton areas then there has been previously. I would say to think they are encroaching on our 'territory' is probably a bit of an untruth.

As for their feelings towards us I reckon they do care to a degree as they named us as 'second rivals' in that survey that was done a few years back...It is just that Scumhampton are there main rivals and always will be, much like Palace are with us. In fact I would go as far to say our dislike of each other is about equal as neither of us are our main rivals and probably both put each other in second place.

With respect to the geography, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure Palace is the closest club to the Albion so they are more local than Portsmouth. Also, much like the Portsmouth-Scumhampton thing Palace see us as main rivals too...I mean Millwall are too busy hating West Ham and I think they see Charlton as a bit of too much of a joke club to bother having a rivalry with.

Anyway, here's to a West Brom result tonight and for Sheff Wed to finish the job on Sunday.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One of the most important threads on NSC so far this year, top bombing as ever Simster. I'm already nervous about this game - how pathetic is that?.. although it's only because I can see nothing other than a Palace win.

:(

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Of course, some groups of supporters can only dream of midweek games that actually mean something in front of a packed stadium (with a bar and no seagul shit on the roof), and being shown live to the nation on TV on the day that the new kit becomes available and having two golden eagles released on the pitch as part of the warm-up (I am not kidding).

I hope you enjoy the evening in front of your bakelite TV's eating home-made tofu sandwiches (on fair-trade granary) whilst the relentless sea wind batters at your rattling fenestration.

Hup the Palllisssss!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Of course, some groups of supporters can only dream of midweek games that actually mean something in front of a packed stadium (with a bar and no seagul shit on the roof), and being shown live to the nation on TV on the day that the new kit becomes available and having two golden eagles released on the pitch as part of the warm-up (I am not kidding).

I hope you enjoy the evening in front of your bakelite TV's eating home-made tofu sandwiches (on fair-trade granary) whilst the relentless sea wind batters at your rattling fenestration.

Hup the Palllisssss!

:thumbsup: :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Hup the Palllisssss!

Yes but your game is only meaningful for the wrong reasons isn't it ? :wozza:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's just this kind of thread we bounce back when some rival fan predicts our demise. I say let the season play out.....then gloat IF we have a reason to. The Scummers are going to love this if they stay up - which it looks like they will.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's just this kind of thread we bounce back when some rival fan predicts our demise. I say let the season play out.....then gloat IF we have a reason to. The Scummers are going to love this if they stay up - which it looks like they will.

It's the official match thread, what's the problem here?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sheff Wed haven't got a pot to piss in, and they're total shite. They would be much weaker than the Croydon monkeys.

There is a consortium waiting in the wings to invest in Wednesday , they're waiting to see if they will be in the Championship next season before shelling out £20M , £10M of which will be used to wipe out the debt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace are 6/4 for the win tonight.
I might have some of that as a consolation bet. I would happily pay for a draw or defeat.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've got a handful of bets going.

My favourite is Croydon to be winning at Half time and fail to win 9/1
or Croydon winning at Half time and Albion to win 30/1

Right I'm off down the pub. Please let the Albion get a result. :albion1::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here