Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
59% possession

14 attempts on target

8 attempts off target

1 goal.

Tells its own story from tonight.

Mind you, a +41 GD for the season with one game to go is pretty good going.

................................................................................................

They seem to spread the goals around but thats not great from your principals strikers 10 and 11. I suspect they`ll be looking though. They`ll struggle to hold on to Dorrans as well.

Graham Dorrans 12 5 17
Chris Brunt 13 0 13
Roman Bednar 11 0 11
Simon Cox 9 1 10
Jerome Thomas 7 1 8
Robert Koren 5 3 8
Jonas Olsson 4 1 5
Luke Moore 4 0 4
Gianni Zuiverloon 4 0 4
Youssouf Mulumbu 3 0 3
Marek Cech 2 0 2
Ishmael Miller 2 0 2
Shelton Martis 2 0 2
Chris Wood 1 1 2
Craig Beattie 0 2 2
Joe Mattock 0 1 1
Gonzalo Jara 1 0 1
Ben Watson 1 0 1
Steven Reid 1 0 1
Gabriel Tamas 1 0 1

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From Simon Cox's wiki page:

Cox scored one of the greatest goals in football history against Walsall with an astonishing volley. He delightfully cushioned a high through ball on the volley with his right boot before hitting it on the full with outside of his foot from fully 25 yards, over the helpless 'keeper and into the far corner of the goal. This astonishing goal constitutes one of the finest single exhibitions of skill in the history of competitive sport. Cox finished the 2008–09 season as joint top scorer in all four divisions of the Premier League and Football League with 29 League goals, along with Bristol Rovers' Rickie Lambert.

Who writes this stuff ? :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Let me just run that again :

"one of the finest single exhibitions of skill in the history of competitive sport"

no less

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't be arsed to read the rest of this thread, just back from the pub as I am..... but I enjoyed that game, especially the last minutre clearance of the line :laugh:

And I had 5/1 a red card and evens on 1st goal before 26th minute.

Roll on Sunday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

That my friend has surely to be one of the finest single exhibitions of skill in the history of competitive sport :lolol:

To be fair, it is an absolute corker ! Will he really cut it in the premier though ?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
We battled hard last night, West Brom are a good side, Speroni was class as always. So its going to have to be 5 4 1 formation on Sunday or we could go 5 3 2 and nick an early goal. No doubt many Brighton pubs will be crammed in hope of celebrating a Wednesday win. I cant see us losing up there to be honest. :thumbsup:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
West Brom were sporadically good;Palace were occasionally energetic.Had WBA employed Hull's strikers for the night ?

Cannot see WBA as anything more than next season's Burnley.Nor can I see Sheff W rising to the occasion at the weekend.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If Palace got relegated, who would they hate most in our division?
Brighton?
Millwall?
Charlton?

Considering they see us as their main rivals it is a bit of a no brainer to be honest mate. I would imagine though that Millwall would come a close second and Charlton would be hardly given any thought at all.

But get this, there is a slight possibility that either Millwall or Charlton could nick second spot from Leeds and then the other win the play-offs leaving just and Palace down here. It will be like the 70's & 80's which the old farts go on about!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington Owl

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
simon cox my lord simon cox! Swindon great!!

So many people put bets on him being the leagues top scorer last year (i had a tenner at 40-1) that the Swindon board held back the early bird season ticket prices for a week so people could collect their winnings. Bought mine with them :)

Of course he will cut it in the top flight the man has a knack for being in the right place.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Bit of a mix really

Over 35's Brighton

Under 35's Millwall

Under 25's Charlton

I know a couple of U-25's who hate Brighton more than Charlton, then again they do live in sussex and I do give them a shit load of stick. :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here