Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Crystal Palace 'notice of termination' letter

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
On this happy day I'm left recalling a Notice of Termination of Rivalry letter that Crystal Palace wags sent to us in the nineties.

@Lenny Rider may well recall it or even have it as it was published in Gulls Eye at the time.

The essence of the letter was simple. Palace fans were wondering about the relevance of a rivalry with Brighton when we had rarely played our Croydon neighbours. They therefore put us on notice that they would be looking for better rivals with which to argy bargy with.

It would be quite wonderful to post that letter on the Holmesdale online in time for our match on the 21st. Not suggesting we stoop as low as them, but just resharing the letter with them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Could I suggest waiting until AFTER the 21st, otherwise I think fate would intervene in a less than optimal manner.
Is that what RDZ would do though? He wants us to have a more confident winning mentality. Come on, let's flaunt it a bit. Please?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
On this happy day I'm left recalling a Notice of Termination of Rivalry letter that Crystal Palace wags sent to us in the nineties.

@Lenny Rider may well recall it or even have it as it was published in Gulls Eye at the time.

The essence of the letter was simple. Palace fans were wondering about the relevance of a rivalry with Brighton when we had rarely played our Croydon neighbours. They therefore put us on notice that they would be looking for better rivals with which to argy bargy with.

It would be quite wonderful to post that letter on the Holmesdale online in time for our match on the 21st. Not suggesting we stoop as low as them, but just resharing the letter with them.
Only after we win...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Found it and cropped it. Feb 9/13 1991
21653772755_d93d6a5daa_o~2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here