Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
So here we are hours into October and whoosh, there goes bitcoin, pulling up most of the market with it.

If you are sitting on the sidelines, now may be the time to dance. Wait until the euphoria kicks in and you will end up paying a lot more.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
interesting move, BTC and ETH led and many others seemed left behind for a while, picking up now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A British coin I have mentioned a few times on here called Electroneum is doing a blockchain update this week and the marketing manager has been dropping massive hints of big deals ready to go. No idea whether it will come to anything but it is only 2 cents so who knows?

The announcement has happened. This coin I mentioned is part of a new forum with senior finance bods - ex Barclays and major crypto such as ripple. Links with HM treasury and possibly Bank of England too. Trying to work towards a digital pound. It might come to nothing but equally up 20% today.

ETN will be making a new announcement every third day once in November (according to their pr manager).

Lots of coverage of digital pound today. Stuff like this.

I have said all along that one will absolutely catch on and fly. Could this be a group who do it together? Already compliant with know your customer etc. Feels very much ahead of the curve for compliance with government.

https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/39022/digital-pound-foundation-launches-to-promote-uk-cbdc

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So many people slate Bitcoin and say it is a way to lose money. Pick a year any year and hold for a while. Shame I was busy summer 2010!

October 14th #Bitcoin* prices:

2021 - $57,405
2020 - $11,393
2019 - $8,310
2018 - $6,226
2017 - $5,692
2016 - $639
2015 - $248
2014 - $408
2013 - $135
2012 - $11
2011 - $4.01
2010 - $0.10

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
New all time high for Bitcoin. I posted it was 57k last week. Just got over 66k. Selling some to take more profits.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So, my Son is hugely into crypto stuff and convinced me to buy some ETH? He's also banging the drum about SHIBA INU where £100 buys you about 9,000,000 coins, what is that all about?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where are people spending their highly speculative, medium risk and where's the Smart Money going?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Where are people spending their highly speculative, medium risk and where's the Smart Money going?

The smart money seems to favour bulls right now and most stuff should go up, quite possibly a lot.
Ask yourself what do I want to get out of this and then how am I going to do that?
Just don't sit there watch it all go to the moon and then celebrate all the way down to the price you bought at and below.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Crypto is certainly going to go mainstream. Rishi is talking about it here. https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/status/1448589590999281668?s=21

Some bods involving ETN, XRP and qant are involved with digital pound foundation. I am just hoping that One takes off. It is does then this time next year I shall retire aged 43. With so many coins it is likely to be something else that flies but ETN is compliant with lots of regulations that will certainly come around privacy.

One word of warning. Something weird going on with Tether and this could cause bit crypto issues.

The other thing I am interested in knowing more about is NFTs. It sounds like premier league will be flogging these next season. Basically it is digital art. I.e. you own original of something but others have prints.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Considering whether to withdraw my Binance stocks after buying when they went live.
It's almost at the initial open price and I'd break even, after months of being down, hard.
Tempting, but long term I can only see Crypto and Binance stock rising...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Crypto is certainly going to go mainstream. Rishi is talking about it here. https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/status/1448589590999281668?s=21

Some bods involving ETN, XRP and qant are involved with digital pound foundation. I am just hoping that One takes off. It is does then this time next year I shall retire aged 43. With so many coins it is likely to be something else that flies but ETN is compliant with lots of regulations that will certainly come around privacy.

One word of warning. Something weird going on with Tether and this could cause bit crypto issues.

The other thing I am interested in knowing more about is NFTs. It sounds like premier league will be flogging these next season. Basically it is digital art. I.e. you own original of something but others have prints.

NFT's it mainly money laundering at the moment isn't it so yes seems right the PL getting involved

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Feel like I've missed the boat for Bitcoin this bull run but want to get in early ahead of alt season. Already holding ADA, XRP and Doge from ages ago. Any others looking good?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hopefully by end of year, have enough to pay the mortgage, set some aside for pension, buy a new car and have £50k to gamble.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So, let's assume I've always been sceptical about crypto, and I'm happy and comfortable with all other investments, pensions etc. Let's say I wanted to completely speculate on £2,500 ..... and am in a position whereby it's not going to impact me to lose it, what do I do? I'm not in a position to watch this hour-by-hour and can't be arsed to.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
So, let's assume I've always been sceptical about crypto, and I'm happy and comfortable with all other investments, pensions etc. Let's say I wanted to completely speculate on £2,500 ..... and am in a position whereby it's not going to impact me to lose it, what do I do? I'm not in a position to watch this hour-by-hour and can't be arsed to.

You'll get a broad range of different opinions and none are the right or wrong answer, as none of us can predict the future.

My typical method is to wait for a hard crash and then scoop some coins up when people are selling fast.
So I personally wouldn't be buying anything now. But again, this is just my strategy. May work, may not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here