Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
well yeah, text book always if the move plays out. there was a text book bullish setup end of May, until it wasnt. :lolol:

should have known when broke spider line at 53k, next is 39k, coinflip this evening which way we're going. :jester:

I do get what you are saying, after timing TA is very easy with the benefit of hindsight, but this did strike me as plausible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on other hand, in 2017 june-july there was similar month period with high and ~38% pull back. went up a bit from there. ~150 days dip to the top back then, puts us in mid October.

a 38% drop from peak puts us in the 39k territory. which by a quirk of fate is also the price before Tesla announced holding BTC (+19% on 8th Feb). :moo:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Now is a good time to be buying for many coins.

LINK is at a nice discount at present.

Also a good time to be getting ahead of the curve and looking at the Gaming and NFT coins as they are always the last sectors to go after the major alts have had their run.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Don't think anyone is gonna be shouting from the rooftop that they've lost a shedload of money. Quite interesting really. I must admit I thought bitcoin was due a correction purely on the basis that a few people started turning up on this thread who clearly didn't have a clue what they were doing !! Equivalent of the old shoe shine giving stock tips moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Much credit to our crypto gurus, they seem to love what crypto is, the ideology, the volatility. Not expecting anyone to be happy about loses, but the turbulence does seem to be part of the attraction.

please suggest a safe (short-term) online wallet with reasonable fees. I may later move to an offline wallet if i get more involved. Ive seen threads earlier which mention coinbase but i thought their fees were high at 4% and although Binance has also been recommended elsewhere i see on a reddit link that they are having major issues now? (people not getting paid and no customer service??) I want a site where i can do bank transfers in and out without waiting a week.

all suggestions welcome :) thanks

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don't invest it Bitcoin but do work in front office investment.

I've just run a GP and GIP on my Bloomberg screen and have respect for anyone who can get a handle on what's going to happen here. The vol is incredible.

Sticking to my own markets I think....

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I don't invest it Bitcoin but do work in front office investment.

I've just run a GP and GIP on my Bloomberg screen and have respect for anyone who can get a handle on what's going to happen here. The vol is incredible.

Sticking to my own markets I think....

What's going to happen or do you mean what's happening?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Both.

When you're looking at vol like that, I would find it impossible to know what's driving it in the short term. Longer term is just a lottery.

And people worry when the VIX goes above 20.....

Longer term is actually easier than the short term for some coins.

If you buy now and just sit on them for a while you will make a profit.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Both.

When you're looking at vol like that, I would find it impossible to know what's driving it in the short term. Longer term is just a lottery.

And people worry when the VIX goes above 20.....

short term is driven by news, twitter and youtube (regularly see tubers mention a token followed by 20-50% pumps). long term is number go up philosophy. not that much different to tradfi, except there's no earning or other general fundamentals.

...and breaking news, China has banned crypto. again.

this will see a nice drop.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
please suggest a safe (short-term) online wallet with reasonable fees. I may later move to an offline wallet if i get more involved. Ive seen threads earlier which mention coinbase but i thought their fees were high at 4% and although Binance has also been recommended elsewhere i see on a reddit link that they are having major issues now? (people not getting paid and no customer service??) I want a site where i can do bank transfers in and out without waiting a week.

all suggestions welcome :) thanks

Celsius
Pays you interest
If you use my referral link we both get 40 usd of Bitcoin
See this

Join Celsius Network using my referral code 190378128e when signing up and earn $40 in BTC with your first transfer of $400 or more!

https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/190378128e

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
When did they last ban it, was it 2017, or more recently?

about every other month there's a report of a ban. usually misreported or regurgitating an old edict. apparently that's the case this time.

Celsius
Pays you interest
If you use my referral link we both get 40 usd of Bitcoin
See this

Join Celsius Network using my referral code 190378128e when signing up and earn $40 in BTC with your first transfer of $400 or more!

https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/190378128e

sorry but any site that hides their fees without registering will never get my interest. its all us based so no doubt i will also pay 3%+ exchamge rate conversion on top of the usual fees every time i deposit or withdraw?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
sorry but any site that hides their fees without registering will never get my interest. its all us based so no doubt i will also pay 3%+ exchamge rate conversion on top of the usual fees every time i deposit or withdraw?

I think it’s firee of fees
When I transferred on my eth from trust wallet I got the sane as I sent
BADC0DEC-425B-4150-B6C8-2519197923A2.png

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But that is making an inherent assumption this will go up long term.

Why are you so confident in such a volatile instrument? You could assume that in any asset class....

Confidence can be had due to the point in time we now sit.

We're just at the point where some of the biggest projects going forward are still in their infancy.

Once the projects built on their platforms roll out they will see very healthy growth.

This is a moment in time no different to when the likes of an Apple or Microsoft were starting out and those entrenched in the old systems dismissed it and said it'll never amount to anything.

A project like Vechain already is having a big impact in real world terms.

The only question is who will jump in now as it's truly starting to take off or who will sit on the sidelines sneering at it and miss the boat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here