Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Good question- I’ve read on forums that’s not always straightforward- I’ve got £100 across various crypto currency on my SwissBorg app atm so will see shortly if I can convert back to GBP and put back into my account- I’m just dabbling on very small amounts atm

I had a bit of SwissBorg and sold a little bit of it to pay for my ps5. It cost about 2 cents and I sold about 500 when it was about one dollar. My ps5 therefore cost me about 10 quid because the rest was profit.

I sold the Chsb through the SwissBorg ap and it was in my bank account within five seconds. It was incredibly quick.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Got a funny feeling xrp might be in the mix on this. Whatever comes you can bet it will have digital currency at its core.
8c592d8ba55c66930ab572bf9a1e098d.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mate (who’s not short of a £) wants me to look into cripto and give it a go for him. Me managing it and him putting the cash in. Not sure how much but still be hundreds not thousands.

Was told to use Etoro as I don’t know what I’m doing and can copy?

Anyone got any sort of idiot proof advice? I’d be very grateful...!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Mate (who’s not short of a £) wants me to look into cripto and give it a go for him. Me managing it and him putting the cash in. Not sure how much but still be hundreds not thousands.

The best thing you can do as a beginner is just get a coinbase account/app and just buy some on a card. Then send it to a personal wallet or leave it there (more risky).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Way to much pressure for a beginner trading other people’s money, set up a demo account and see how you go. Your probably get wiped out everyone does part of the learning curve. You also will be trading pennies with a few hundred as the leverage is crap on crypto.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The best thing you can do as a beginner is just get a coinbase account/app and just buy some on a card. Then send it to a personal wallet or leave it there (more risky).

Sound advice - the other useful thing with Coinbase is the short intro courses they have online. Essentially crypto providers pay you small sums to get a basic understanding of their product and how it works. You can quickly understand some of the key differences, plus get some nominal amounts, which you can safely transfer and trade, without risking your own money.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Way to much pressure for a beginner trading other people’s money, set up a demo account and see how you go. Your probably get wiped out everyone does part of the learning curve. You also will be trading pennies with a few hundred as the leverage is crap on crypto.

Not strictly just crypto but can we just shove a grand on to follow this guy who seems to do quite well? Leave the work to him .

6D983691-05E4-414C-99B7-13022C660389.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Was told to use Etoro as I don’t know what I’m doing...

Frankly, Sheebs, from the point of view of your mate, I can't see what could possibly go wrong :shrug:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
XRP up significantly again today! I bought some at £0.25 at the beginning of January, it’s now up at £0.89. I only wish I’d bought more than £3.50 worth!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bitcoin price

XRP up significantly again today! I bought some at £0.25 at the beginning of January, it’s now up at £0.89. I only wish I’d bought more than £3.50 worth!

I got some at .22c at New Year when it was predicted by the masses to die and loaded up again a week ago at .52c. It’s at a big resistance point right now (chart and key levels below) so could put the brakes on if it holds. If the court case gets settled a chance it’s going to absolutely rocket to it’s all time high.

d950662c20fa8427dbe15694961f2013.jpg

Last edited:

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Managed to withdraw my Bitcoin & ETH by avoiding huge fees. Converted them to TRX, transferred that for about 10p and then converted them back once in my Exodus wallet.

Holding Ripple, Bitcoin, Ethereum & Tron. Playing the long game now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I got some at .22c at New Year when it was predicted by the masses to die and loaded up again a week ago at .52c. It’s at a big resistance point right now (chart and key levels below) so could put the brakes on if it holds. If the court case gets settled a chance it’s going to absolutely rocket to it’s all time high.

Yeah I was told they were in big trouble and left well alone, is this not the case?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah I was told they were in big trouble and left well alone, is this not the case?

the SEC in US is suing Ripple for selling XRP as securities. if Ripple lose XRP probably collapse in price, if they win they'll surge. case isnt until May so a long time for swings. the recent gains are on back of some early rulings in Ripple's favour, punters reading this as positive.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bitcoin price

the SEC in US is suing Ripple for selling XRP as securities. if Ripple lose XRP probably collapse in price, if they win they'll surge. case isnt until May so a long time for swings. the recent gains are on back of some early rulings in Ripple's favour, punters reading this as positive.

That’s about it but in reality I just can’t see the SEC doing anything other than settling anyway even if it goes their way. Ripple are neck deep in with the big banks and one of the front runners to provide digital currency systems to government.

A cynic may even suggest the whole episode has worked favourably for big investors to get big bags cheap...

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I took my XRP profit earlier in Feb. Was looking to get back in at around 0.33 a few weeks back but thats long gone.
I'm at about 70% cash in my trading a/c at the moment due to sales so am hoping for a correction to get back in.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That’s about it but in reality I just can’t see the SEC doing anything other than settling anyway even if it goes their way. Ripple are neck deep in with the big banks and one of the front runners to provide digital currency systems to government.

A cynic may even suggest the whole episode has worked favourably for big investors to get big bags cheap...

if Ripple were in deep with the banks, this action wouldnt be happening. they have their tech being trialled with a few banks, which doesnt need the token. there is a scenario where Ripple could settle and continue operations, while XRP is found to be a security. it would continue but remain off major exchanges, where dealing securities comes with a lot of regulation. the downside risks are considerable, especially compared to so many other tokens in the market without this hanging over them. be better if Ripple listed and we could buy shares, that would be a solid investment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here