Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
As I've mentioned before, Overline!
The ability to claim free land is back open. They're now rolling ahead and also have links with Amazon. It's not too late get in.

Free Land Claim Is Open! Secure your plot in the next 48 HOURS with just an email!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice summary piece in Rolling Stone by the blessed Molly White (She's Alright :thumbsup:) on the SEC getting down and dirty with Coinbase and Binance - and specifically CZ. Such fun! :lol:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
The ability to claim free land is back open. They're now rolling ahead and also have links with Amazon. It's not too late get in.

Free Land Claim Is Open! Secure your plot in the next 48 HOURS with just an email!

I've been on this a while, slowly growing my plots.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Free Digital Land?

Looks like it's worth every penny.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
London lures a16z’s first international office with ‘predictable’ crypto regs. US venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz is opening its first international office in London, signaling its focus on supporting crypto, blockchain technologies, and Web3 startups. Led by general partner Sriram Krishnan, the London office aims to leverage the city's status as a major financial and tech hub, with a more favorable regulatory environment for crypto compared to the US. The move follows productive discussions with UK government officials and regulators. a16z has allocated $7.6 billion to crypto startups globally. The firm's decision reflects the UK's efforts to attract crypto businesses and regain its position as a fintech center. Additionally, a16z plans to launch a "Crypto Startup School" program in London in 2024.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A rare and interesting vote of confidence in the UK economy. could we actually be getting something right?

https://a16zcrypto.com/posts/announcement/expanding-uk-andreessen-horowitz/

The timing is interesting as the crypto market looks set to fall even further off the cliff this week.
what makes you think there's more to go? think its considerably overdone during the weekend, so much bad news with less impact in the previous few days.

a move to UK is mostly about getting away from US, their rules on securities are an arse and need modernising.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When even Nigeria doesn't want to know about your crypto-scams (possibly because it threatens the livelihood of their own homegrown non-crypto scams) then it's a sure sign that the game is up :lol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
When even Nigeria doesn't want to know about your crypto-scams (possibly because it threatens the livelihood of their own homegrown non-crypto scams) then it's a sure sign that the game is up :lol:

Is that what were supposed to read to inform us about the UK Government having dropped all things crypto?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
what makes you think there's more to go? think its considerably overdone during the weekend, so much bad news with less impact in the previous few days.

a move to UK is mostly about getting away from US, their rules on securities are an arse and need modernising.
I wasn't linking the two events, just the timing and yes the UK look attractive next to the US right now.

It looks like Bitcoin may be positioning for a move up and without new capital Alts may take another hit. What do I know though?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was it Alan Sugar who said when asked "how do you make a small fortune from being a football club owner?"
To which Alan replied "start with a large fortune"
It was indeed

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
is it a good time to buy in? Or is more downside likely?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is it a good time to buy in? Or is more downside likely?
the tea leaves suggest its hit a low and bounce. interest rates on hold and crypto been saturated with bad news, who's left to sell who isn't holding on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here