Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I only use paper money in businesses that don’t accept cards. Locally that means the chippie, hairdresser and Chinese takeaway. I use an internationally traded digital currency called sterling that backs my digital transactions. I am actually up to speed on bitcoin like scams from my career in financial markets and recognize a Ponzi scheme when I see one. Many well known financial players are involved but only to pick the pockets of the unwary.
You will be proven wrong. It's already happening - it's not 'pie in the sky' or a conspiracy theory. I don't wear a tinfoil hat.

Bitcoin will always be around, but it'll be a whole lot less relevant than it is now. For the record I think Bitcoin is garbage.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the big news is SBF has been arrested and will be extradited.

this has overtaken events, he was due to give evidence to a congressional hearing today. this is apparently the transcript of evidence due to present. it reads like a confession, i wonder if he's been arrested to protect him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
the big news is SBF has been arrested and will be extradited.

this has overtaken events, he was due to give evidence to a congressional hearing today. this is apparently the transcript of evidence due to present. it reads like a confession, i wonder if he's been arrested to protect him.
Wonder if they'll now go on and arrest the entire frat house? And his sultry wood nymph geeky g/f Caroline Ellison, who looks about 12 years old and who was CEO of SBF's trading arm Alameda Research. Not a peep out of her so far, unlike SBF, who has been giving lengthy media interviews left right and centre, agajnst the advice of his lawyers. Some highly amusing fun and games in prospect if they decide to testify against each other :lol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Wonder if they'll now go on and arrest the entire frat house? And his sultry wood nymph geeky g/f Caroline Ellison, who looks about 12 years old and who was CEO of SBF's trading arm Alameda Research. Not a peep out of her so far, unlike SBF, who has been giving lengthy media interviews left right and centre, agajnst the advice of his lawyers. Some highly amusing fun and games in prospect if they decide to testify against each other :lol:
the wisdom of cryptotweeter is Ellison has already gone to the feds, laywer'd up some weeks ago and roaming around NewYork.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Binance starting to wobble now, run on withdrawals gathering pace
not really, overnight scare stories. platform been up and running all day, USDC withdrawals available, BNB gone up with everything else since CPI release.

edit: worth noting a lot of US media has been enthralled or paid by SBF, both giving him an astonishingly easy ride while against rivals and competitors.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
not really, overnight scare stories. platform been up and running all day, USDC withdrawals available, BNB gone up with everything else since CPI release.

edit: worth noting a lot of US media has been enthralled or paid by SBF, both giving him an astonishingly easy ride while against rivals and competitors.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I do hope this isn’t followed by weeks of “withdrawals will be back any time now, everything’s fine.” Followed immediately by filing for bankruptcy protection.
withdrawals were back yesturday afternoon. when i wrote my comment they were available on some chains, and came back on ethereum few hours later. you cant hold USDC on binance for some weeks due to their shifting people to BUSD, so had to aquire it to allow withdraws.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Think what you like, see it how you will, but DLT, Blockchain and CBDC's (Google that lot) are incoming, wether you like it or not.

Big changes ahead, and you can bet your soon to be defunct paper money on it.
The only thing people use paper money for nowadays is to buy drugs so I guess it does have some similarities to crypto after all.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If anyone on here has their crypto on an exchange, any exchange, and they lose it - it's their own fault.

Until proper regulation is in place and fully insured custody of digital assets is mainstream (Polysign will be the market leader imo) we just need to use the exchanges as ways to quickly buy and/or sell.

Once the whole space is 'in order' as it should be, it'll go parabolic with the utility coin values and millionaires will be made.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
SwissBorg looks like it is regulated and trying to act more differently to others. It is quite interesting.

Yesterday they opened a share sale. I have done a little bit with the profit I made from their token (it went from about half a cent to 1.5 dollars. It is now about 25 cents but holding up as others collapse.

One of these firms is going to go absolutely huge. Hopefully it is this one.

I have previously mentioned Electroneum on here who also operate as a complying with regulations. In fact today it has been announced that their CEO is on the all party parliamentary advisory group for crypto.

No advice from me here just saying a bit about what I have. Time will tell. Not got much but if one of these explodes then hurray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here