Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
The funny thing about people criticising Crypto is that they dont think the financial and banking system is going to collapse in the next few years and their fiat money is going to be worthless. Nothing is safe anywhere, especially money in a bank.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Amazing the ignorance on web3 and ISO2022 and what this means to about 5/6 crypto assets. I already made 2000% over the years - not trading....following the future ....web3 services and CBDCS - and what assets will be the middleware and infrastructure for these. Never touched Bitcoin.

Happy share how the next 2 years will go........

Crypto market will get smashed......then later 2023.....when everyone bled out with inflation and recession - and Fiat on and off ramps more controlled (high street banks will 2025 be the on and off ramps) - the gang behind the central banks will throw $10T to $20T into 20 or so assets creating a Super Asset Class......research 4IR.....research Smart Contract oracles and corporate secrecy.....and you will have more money than you could ever imagine.
so what are those 20 assets to support this forecast?

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To quote that guru of the investment world in today's Sunday Times, Mr. J Clarkson: "Sure, there was something on a computer that said they had something, and they were told they could use this on the dark web to buy drugs and guns and stolen credit cards. But if one of them came into my shop and offered to pay for half a dozen eggs using money that a man in T shirt in America said they had, I'd show them the door."
The Sunday Times is quite literally a wrinklies echo chamber. The idea that money has to change hands in shops to be real, is ridiculous in the 21st Century.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
so what are those 20 assets to support this forecast?
LINK QNT (all one needs really). XDC ALBT. LYXe AAVE HBAR SCRT MNW ....next tier down - less exposure >> UBT ENJ AZERO WTK ROUTE. None of these are crypto"currencies." They even told everyone about 4IR, they said in Bali last week "Restructure of Technology." CBDCs and Web 3.0 - follow the trail. Thank me from a yacht or jet mid 2025. Is this like Reddit where can set a reminder? Those laughing and ignorant will one day wake up - and their inflation savaged Fiat Scamcoin (infinite supply, centralised, auto taxable) will become CBDCs - then individual sanctions and programmable by the Central Banks / Carbon Credits systems......the tech is all ready....the just need to hoodwink the normies. They say CBDCs 2025, but will be 2023/24 - much earlier (due to a coming event). Of course keep all your stablecoin profits decentralised - and use proxys to convert to cash / CBDC bank accounts.....done n dusted.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
LINK QNT (all one needs really). XDC ALBT. LYXe AAVE HBAR SCRT MNW ....next tier down - less exposure >> UBT ENJ AZERO WTK ROUTE. None of these are crypto"currencies." They even told everyone about 4IR, they said in Bali last week "Restructure of Technology." CBDCs and Web 3.0 - follow the trail. Thank me from a yacht or jet mid 2025. Is this like Reddit where can set a reminder? Those laughing and ignorant will one day wake up - and their inflation savaged Fiat Scamcoin (infinite supply, centralised, auto taxable) will become CBDCS - then individual sanctions and programmable by the Central Banks / Carbon Credits systems......the tech is all ready....the just need to hoodwink the normies. They say CBDCs 2025, but will be 2024 - much earlier. Of course keep all your stabelcoin profits decentralised - and use proxys to convert to cash / CBDC bank accounts.....done n dusted.
IDNHAFCWYATA

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
LINK QNT (all one needs really).
QNT has halved in value in the last month and sits at 1/4 of it's brief all time high last autumn.

LINK has *only* lost 1/3 of its value in the last fortnight, but sits at less than 1/10 of its mid-2021 spike.

Neither seems to be a great investment at the moment.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
QNT has halved in value in the last month and sits at 1/4 of it's brief all time high last autumn.

LINK has *only* lost 1/3 of its value in the last fortnight, but sits at less than 1/10 of its mid-2021 spike.

My post is aimed at late 2024....the current prices are a mess due to the elimination of CEXs, CEFI, and Hedge Funds.....(Blackrock and the boys...whose race we won't mention). Fidelity and ICE (NY stock exchange) launch their crypto exchanges soon for their mates....they want control....they will get it....then normies down the high street bank to buy crypto where "they will look after it to protect you." QNT is controlled by one Market Maker at the moment - and when LINK announced Swift partnership for CCIP in late September big sell walls appeared stopping price increase / new buy volume....Fiat price doesn't matter for months - just stack the tokens. I made over 5 people millionaires with my crypto knowledge - so laugh and mock all you want - this is actually really decent info I'm giving here - do your own research.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
LINK QNT (all one needs really). XDC ALBT. LYXe AAVE HBAR SCRT MNW ....next tier down - less exposure >> UBT ENJ AZERO WTK ROUTE.
actually not silly. maybe tone down the conspiracy though, if the PTB will force an authoritarian CBDC on the population, they will block rest of crypto too.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The funny thing about people criticising Crypto is that they dont think the financial and banking system is going to collapse in the next few years and their fiat money is going to be worthless. Nothing is safe anywhere, especially money in a bank.
Well if that's the case go for investment diversification in bonds, equities, metals, property, fine art whatever. Crypto is no safe haven...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Not sure I agree with your logic here?

Is either QNT or Link a good investment? If the answer is yes then the best time to buy is when the price is depressed.

I am not buying or selling at the moment, just sitting tight, but QNT is easily my biggest holding at about 60% of my portfolio. The main reason for this is that it hasn't performed nearly as badly as the market as a whole, so all the time I am holding it has grown as a percentage of my portfolio, even though it is one of the very few where there is no reward for staking.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
actually not silly. maybe tone down the conspiracy though, if the PTB will force an authoritarian CBDC on the population, they will block rest of crypto too.
Not true.....CBDCs are already a certainty.....it's a case of when not if. Crypto's web 3.0 assets (See above) will be part of this new 4IR and tie into the CBDC / Carbon Credit infrastructure. The conspiracy is "the economy is in a bad moment and will be ok - back to normal soon." I agree - much of crypto will be blocked - and only obtainable thro high street banks (research banks with custody licenses for crypto - it's nearly all of them). The dude who runs QNT is mates and advisor to the Digital Pound foundation - all of latin america's banking world already signed up. From today >
BREAKING: $QNT has partnered with
@USTglobal
a technology consulting firm with 30,000 employees and 80 offices in 30+ countries. The partnership will help financial institutions in UST’s network issue CBDCs, commercial stablecoins and digital securities on Overledger.

Saying this tho - I would rather have LINK than QNT.......you will see why in 2025/6. Closed gardens won't be able to keep up with public gardens so to speak. They aren't competitors tho.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This is a very interesting watch about FTX / Alameda, adding in some details I wasn't aware of (because I'm not a crypto bro...). Frankly it casts doubt over the whole crypto industry, if FTX and Binance are supposed to be two of the leading lights:

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not true.....CBDCs are already a certainty.....it's a case of when not if. Crypto's web 3.0 assets (See above) will be part of this new 4IR and tie into the CBDC / Carbon Credit infrastructure. The conspiracy is "the economy is in a bad moment and will be ok - back to normal soon." I agree - much of crypto will be blocked - and only obtainable thro high street banks (research banks with custody licenses for crypto - it's nearly all of them). The dude who runs QNT is mates and advisor to the Digital Pound foundation - all of latin america's banking world already signed up. From today >
BREAKING: $QNT has partnered with
@USTglobal
a technology consulting firm with 30,000 employees and 80 offices in 30+ countries. The partnership will help financial institutions in UST’s network issue CBDCs, commercial stablecoins and digital securities on Overledger.

Saying this tho - I would rather have LINK than QNT.......you will see why in 2025/6. Closed gardens won't be able to keep up with public gardens so to speak. They aren't competitors tho.
If anyone is interested the press release is here Quant UST Partnership. Overledger is neither a blockchain or an alternative technology like DAG, but more of an interoperation suite, which allows digital assets to be securely transferred between networks. This can be from traditional networks to crypto networks like Ethereum, but can also be used for things like International settlements. One of Quant's biggest partners is Oracle, who are pushing private blockchain to large customers. Quant is Oracle's interoperability solution of choice.

For carbon credits, Hedera and Energy Web Token (especially) seem to be making some headway, see Sustainable aviation fuel use case. Carbon credits have long been seen as a significant incentive to reduce emissions. Current solutions are expensive to implement and audit and open to widespread abuse. EWT are on my watch list if they can make progress the opportunity is huge.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
This is a very interesting watch about FTX / Alameda, adding in some details I wasn't aware of (because I'm not a crypto bro...). Frankly it casts doubt over the whole crypto industry, if FTX and Binance are supposed to be two of the leading lights:

its good, once past the first sections (some likely but not actually known info given as facts). the thing is, and hints at this right at end, this is not caused by crypto. crypto does provide a solution to this sort of thing, just not applied here. the problem was lack of oversight and responsibility. no one checked things, even those where regulation does exist. many Wall St investors didnt do basic due diligence. then we have investors saying they didnt do checks because Blackrock had invested, so must be good, right? most of the charade could have been maintained with shell companies issuing stock instead of a crypto currency. investors blinded by tech, overvaluing companies, more shades of dot com than 2008 financial crisis.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
its good, once past the first sections (some likely but not actually known info given as facts). the thing is, and hints at this right at end, this is not caused by crypto. crypto does provide a solution to this sort of thing, just not applied here. the problem was lack of oversight and responsibility. no one checked things, even those where regulation does exist. many Wall St investors didnt do basic due diligence. then we have investors saying they didnt do checks because Blackrock had invested, so must be good, right? most of the charade could have been maintained with shell companies issuing stock instead of a crypto currency. investors blinded by tech, overvaluing companies, more shades of dot com than 2008 financial crisis.
The FTX story was all controlled by Blackrock.......create an archetype the Americans love (SBF), and rinse. You can see SBFs parents and links. Who is to gain from the FTX story? Blow up retails and mid level hedge funds, make crypto CEFI look bad, and then regulate DEFI and fiat entry. The FTX inside job is nothing to do with Crypto - it's another tale of fractional reserve banking. This is where my tip for AAVE comes.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Someone asked for 20 tokens going forward.

XRP QNT XLM ALGO HBAR ETH ADA FIL XDC

9 of the top of my head, that in my opinion will be around for the long haul

Your welcome

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Well if that's the case go for investment diversification in bonds, equities, metals, property, fine art whatever. Crypto is no safe haven...
diversification is the key. I am in a few different assets and its daft to not have crypto as some of your portfolio. Nothing is entirely safe, particularly fiat currency in a bank when the coming shit hits the fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here