Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The crazy gang have beaten the culture club...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It could be worse, we could have to suffer the never ending media adulation of those cheeky Scousers, their club and "the best fans in the world!". Not to mention their footballing God of a captain Stevie G....Oh, hang on a minute :facepalm:

Commentator on Liverpool scoring...." Steven Gerrard writes his own scripts" Really? :sick:

Anyway, Wimbledon have just equalised :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
AFC Norbiton Dons didn't win The Cup ,they formed in 2002 god it gets on my tits.
I like your posts usually. Not sure why you'd come out with this toss, tbh. We all know what happened, we all know the history, and we all know the soul of that club is not in fking Milton Keynes.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Anyway, Wimbledon have just equalised :)

Love the homage by scoring a scrappy goal like they used to in their old guise.

The only thing I like about AFC Wimbledon is the atheistic beauty of putting two fingers up at the move to MK and starting from scratch to get into the football league. That's why Football Manager sponsor them, as they are living the dream.

If it was so easy, how comes FC United haven't done the same yet?

But yeah, football-wise I hate them.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Agree with the OP. Really pleased for Wimbledon with this tie etc. SICK of the bbc trotting out that line.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did the people's poet ever pay that £500 or is he still welching on the bet

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
AFC Norbiton Dons didn't win The Cup ,they formed in 2002 god it gets on my tits.

It's interesting that the media now think of them as the same club. It would be more accurate to say MK Dons won the FA Cup in 1988.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's interesting that the media now think of them as the same club. It would be more accurate to say MK Dons won the FA Cup in 1988.

I guess that depends on whether you consider a club's heritage lies with the fans or the shareholders - of course in the case of AFC Wimbledon they are the same thing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

The FA, the Wimbledon fans and just about everybody else thinks different. I don't know if you were around for the original Fans United but it's fair to say that Wimbledon fans had a pretty big support at that game for us. I'll never forget that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What happened to the original Wimbledon was disgusting, it could so easily have happened to us. I'm surprised with some of the comments some Brighton fans have trotted out on this thread.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Most people I knew at the time thought Wimbledon were a bunch of thugs and cloggers with plenty of spirit and well done for turning over the big boys. Back then Liverpool were winning everything including 3 European cups which the Manure era couldn't match. Liverpool were the team of choice for southern glory hunters, no London or southern club could match them, and they(Wimbledon) rose through the league with gates smaller than Withdean! They were generally admired.

I find this hate Wimbledon attitude as strange.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Classic case of NSC posters' misunderstanding comments - I agree totally that what happened to Wimbledon was terrible and I know they supported Fans United etc. All I said was that is was interesting that the media have fully adopted the idea that AFC Wimbledon are the same club. Whatever you think, they are not - in spirit maybe, but they are not the same football club. On another point, it was the FA who sanctioned the original club's move to Milton Keynes wasn't it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I read something a while back that MK Dons had acknowledged that the Wimbledon FC history now belonged to AFC Wimbledon. Not sure if the article was rubbish though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Most people I knew at the time thought Wimbledon were a bunch of thugs and cloggers.... I find this hate Wimbledon attitude as strange.

???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Classic case of NSC posters' misunderstanding comments - I agree totally that what happened to Wimbledon was terrible and I know they supported Fans United etc. All I said was that is was interesting that the media have fully adopted the idea that AFC Wimbledon are the same club. Whatever you think, they are not - in spirit maybe, but they are not the same football club. On another point, it was the FA who sanctioned the fact the original club's move to Milton Keynes wasn't it?

It's you that misunderstand. My comment about Fans Utd was an aside. The main point that you have missed is that the FA, the fans, MK Dons and the entire football community recognise Wimbledon as the Cup winners.

What is a football club? The answer is simple - it's the community, it's the fans. And with that in mind Wimbledon FC are very clearly the rightful owners of that FA Cup triumph.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
On another point, it was the FA who sanctioned the original club's move to Milton Keynes wasn't it?

No - both the League and the FA opposed the move and name change. Wimbledon invoked the right for the decision to be made by an independent commission which ultimately found in their favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here