Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I found out yesterday that there are bits on the ends of tinfoil boxes that you can push in to hold the roll in place.

Anyone else made any groundbreaking discoveries under quarantine?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I find this oncologist fella’s twitter both a realistic and reassuring read. Positive and constructive. The opposite of the entire rest of Twitter right now, basically.

Check out Professor Karol Sikora on Twitter.
Oncologist for 50 years. CMO of Rutherford Health. Founding Dean and Professor of Medicine at the Uni of Buckingham. Ex-director of the WHO Cancer Programme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/profkarolsikora?lang=en

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
My wife and I were walking along a deserted road on our way to buy some groceries from the local store about a mile away.

Walking towards us I spied a lady wearing a BHAFC bobble hat! I shouted “Seagulls!” and we had a brief chat (.....from a very safe distance apart).

Turns out that, like me, she and her husband are STHs at the Amex, and we live less than ½ a mile apart.

We were literally the only 4 people on a 1 mile stretch of deserted road. What were the odds of that happening in Stratford-upon-Avon, 155 miles away from the Amex?!

Made my day.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
My wife and I were walking along a deserted road on our way to buy some groceries from the local store about a mile away.

Walking towards us I spied a lady wearing a BHAFC bobble hat! I shouted “Seagulls!” and we had a brief chat (.....from a very safe distance apart).

Turns out that, like me, she and her husband are STHs at the Amex, and we live less than ½ a mile apart.

We were literally the only 4 people on a 1 mile stretch of deserted road. What were the odds of that happening in Stratford-upon-Avon, 155 miles away from the Amex?!

Made my day.

If it was not cold today, she would not have been wearing her bobble hat and you would never have known..

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
graph.jpeg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mayor of NYC just announced that anybody needing medical treatment related to Covid 19 will be treated regardless of immigration status or ability to pay. This will take away a lot of stress and anxiety from people in that situation. A lot of New Yorkers will be more than happy for their tax dollars to go towards this.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
They have it as today, if we’re the burgundy line? It was nearly a week ago now.

It doesn't appear to have have a star on the UK line. It shows one above us for Germany's line. Not sure why they haven't put one on the UK's line, perhaps it's not considered a lockdown like other countries?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't appear to have have a star on the UK line. It shows one above us for Germany's line. Not sure why they haven't put one on the UK's line, perhaps it's not considered a lockdown like other countries?
This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here