Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yep. I'm no particular fan of Johnson and the Tories, but it's strange how it just seems to be staunch Labour voters who seem not to understand the message. Certainly with people on my social media circles anyway. The outrage against the new message etc has been embarrassing, and so obviously politically motivated.

Sorry but I think that's rubbish - or at least the staunch labour voters bit.

People are frightened and confused. And particularly if you are a boss and an employer, if you get it wrong and somebody dies as a result you could be looking in extremis at corporate manslaughter.

If you are following precise instructions from the government, you're far more likely to be in the clear, even if it does go wrong.

You may not have noticed, but people are dying out there, by the thousand.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yep. I'm no particular fan of Johnson and the Tories, but it's strange how it just seems to be staunch Labour voters who seem not to understand the message. Certainly with people on my social media circles anyway. The outrage against the new message etc has been embarrassing, and so obviously politically motivated.

Unfortunately the only ones politically motivated are a few select individuals within the current Government.

The changes weren't discussed by the cabinet and the leaders of the other nations heard about them in the press.

The advice in now different depending on where you live in the United Kingdom.

That's unforgivable.

The good news is that behind the scenes they've realised the last few days have been a dogs dinner. It will be a lot better managed next time.

They can't expect to control the country if it looks like they lost control of themselves.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Looks like bars & restaurants opening May 25th here and dont need mask outside anymore :rave:

… although not sure how you eat & drink wearing a mask

'May 25 is also the final date of reopening businesses in the Czech Republic’s multi-step plan, with the final remaining locations allowed to reopen from that date. Those locations include the indoor areas of restaurants, zoos, and Czech castles.
“We decided on May 25 after consulting with epidemiologists,” Vojtěch said at the press conference.
“We will see what impact it will have.”
Vojtěch added that even though the obligation to wear masks outside will end on May 25, the requirement to wear them indoors at shops and in public transportation would continue for “some time.”'

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You think that asking what 'use some common sense' means is politically motivated?

I would ask you, when were we told to use common sense to judge how to behave right now?

This is the good news thread so, good news, I'm off, leaving you deluded and yes, politically motivated weirdos to exchange bodily fluids using your best possible common sense :facepalm::wozza:

I'm not politically minded at all in my thoughts on this. Perhaps the message could be better (although it is pretty much the same as France's) but stay alert is pretty obviously meaning to utilise common sense, keep doing what the vast majority have been doing, exercise social distancing,work from home if you can, isolate if showing symptoms, etc. I have no problem with the government putting a bit more trust in the general public whilst still taking small steps towards economic and social recovery. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If nothing had changed at all for another 3 weeks there would have been outcry too. As I saw someone else on here mention, this period was always going to be a very confusing, difficult one to manage.

Sunday's message could have been better - and better timed perhaps (but I really don't think it was quite as bad as some on social media etc were making out) but it was always going to be brief before the detailed document was released yesterday, we knew that before it started. Not sure who was expecting him to sit for 2 hours going through each sector on Sunday night.

D

Deleted member 2719

The government backing business and their employees for another 4 months, that's 8 months in total.
You can't ask for more than that.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
448AFC00-7621-4F60-AFDB-2E4C6D50D3C1.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Again, a general FFS all round and a slap round the back of the head to the collective class. How many times must a mod pop up on here and remind people this is for good news in our fight against Covid 19 and nothing else.

If you want to score points against Boris or claim he's not being clear there is another thread.
If you want to post a meme off Facebook there is another thread.
If you want to give us some genuine good news to help with people's well being and mental health please stay here.

*keeps NSC in for a detention*

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
considering what i had just been looking at on twitter my heart nearly stopped, and i was expecting a lifetime ban from NSC for posting NSW material!

To be fair the link you did post is UTTER FILTH.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not politically minded at all in my thoughts on this. Perhaps the message could be better (although it is pretty much the same as France's) but stay alert is pretty obviously meaning to utilise common sense, keep doing what the vast majority have been doing, exercise social distancing,work from home if you can, isolate if showing symptoms, etc. I have no problem with the government putting a bit more trust in the general public whilst still taking small steps towards economic and social recovery. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If nothing had changed at all for another 3 weeks there would have been outcry too. As I saw someone else on here mention, this period was always going to be a very confusing, difficult one to manage.

Sunday's message could have been better - and better timed perhaps (but I really don't think it was quite as bad as some on social media etc were making out) but it was always going to be brief before the detailed document was released yesterday, we knew that before it started. Not sure who was expecting him to sit for 2 hours going through each sector on Sunday night.

Fair enough. I certainly agree we are in a very tricky position, new cases falling a bit but still short of the dotted line in figure 6 of the large document released by HMG yesterday. The dilemma being to stick or twist, and the decision being to announce they are thinking about twisting, with this signalled by the 'alert' advice (if you view that through generous rather than pedantic eyes). Not the end of the world, true. Maybe.

Sorry, yes, the political jibe was not directed at you. I have seen others on this thread treating the whole thing as an exercise in Boris worship, though (albeit I had to temporarily unblock a usual suspect for confirmation of that - I must have been bored :lolol:)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England 350 *Hospital only
Scotland 50
Wales 16

Scottish numbers are still high, even accounting for weekend lag but numbers continuing to fall, particularly considering the 3 day weekend.

55AE10F2-D864-4924-A92C-434E618C9244.png

Last 3 days always not reliable as not all deaths added yet but shows the hospital trends.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...080c727453957a#block-5eba832a8f080c727453957a

WHO says there is "potentially positive data" on Covid-19 drugs

The World Health Organization said on Tuesday that some treatments appear to be limiting the severity or length of the Covid-19 respiratory disease and that it was is focusing on learning more about four or five of the most promising ones.

“We do have some treatments that seem to be, in very early studies, limiting the severity or the length of the illness, but we do not have anything that can kill or stop the virus,” spokeswoman Margaret Harris told a virtual briefing, referring to the body’s “solidarity trial” of drugs against the disease.

“We do have potentially positive data coming out but we need to see more data to be 100% confident that we can say this treatment over that one,” she added.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So this has rather quietly turned up, guessing the press will pick up on it fairly soon?!

Antibody test now on sale in UK which has met the MHRA criteria (minimum 98% specificity and sensitivity, and it has met/surpassed these.)

It appears you can buy one NOW for £89. I am slightly tempted - given very COVID-19-like symptoms in mid-March.

https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/coronavirus-antibody-test/

Life_Box-6-e1587908053656.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So this has rather quietly turned up, guessing the press will pick up on it fairly soon?!

Antibody test now on sale in UK which has met the MHRA criteria (minimum 98% specificity and sensitivity, and it has met/surpassed these.)

It appears you can buy one NOW for £89. I am slightly tempted - given very COVID-19-like symptoms in mid-March.

https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/coronavirus-antibody-test/

View attachment 123509
I want one ! Well, after pay day...

But....

If I have had CV-19, it was just after the Palace game 73 days ago...

The test says test after 20 days, so I'm not sure if it is worth testing with this kit ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here