[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No one is happy with that.

This is the good news thread and I won't debate the reasons here, there are many factors involved,
even the germans have said they were lucky.

Technically only one did, the foreign minister in an interview. The good news is our Government has admitted is has a lot to learn from other countries in Europe rather than it did initially think it could go it alone.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yes, what a fantastic effort from all involved, including the inspirational Matt Hancock who was prepared to make it happen and shut the negative, anti-government gang and journalist up AGAIN.

Just like this government did with getting Brexit done in a time when everyone outside of the government said it could not happen.

This government 'gets stuff done' they work hard and together it's over to the negative scapegoating vultures to shut the feck up and get behind the government now.

you're not vomiting political dogma again, are you mouldy brain?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Talk of relaxing the 2m distancing rule at some point in the future, if R value can be suppressed successfully by other means.

I think that would be huge for people’s mental health if achievable in next month or two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Denmark eased lockdown measures two weeks ago, and as yet they haven’t seen a rise in infection rate.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Denmark eased lockdown measures two weeks ago, and as yet they haven’t seen a rise in infection rate.

Seen pictures of Austria this morning where they have pretty much loosened all restrictions of town centres very busy and lots of people about, I guess we won’t know for a few weeks but it’s one of the ‘better’ things about us being behind these countries is that we can learn from what happens with them.

The contact tracing idea that SK have done seems to be a good way to control things, hopefully lots of people will sign up when they release the app, we need to find a treatment of some kind, as before a vaccine a treatment is our only legitimate way out, unless the virus is seasonal like Cold/Flu? Nobody knows really yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The contact tracing idea that SK have done seems to be a good way to control things, hopefully lots of people will sign up when they release the app, we need to find a treatment of some kind, as before a vaccine a treatment is our only legitimate way out, unless the virus is seasonal like Cold/Flu? Nobody knows really yet.

Remdesivir and blood plasma seem the potential initial options, hopefully the treatment will continue to be refine and improved as we learn more week-by-week.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Remdesivir and blood plasma seem the potential initial options, hopefully the treatment will continue to be refine and improved as we learn more week-by-week.

I’d be surprised if the plasma treatment isn’t successful given how well it treats other things, this is another reason I really want to see a breakthrough in antibodies testing, if we can get plasma from people who didn’t even get any symptoms and probably had a very strong immune response to the virus it could go a long way to saving a lot of lives, as apparently they currently only have enough plasma to treat 150 patients.

Hopefully antibodies testing is the next priority after actual tests.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ireland’s 5 steps process to the “new normal” by mid-August, IF infection rates stay steady throughout.

A hint of what may be to come here, although they’ve been less affected than us, so ours may take longer perhaps?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/coronavirus-a-full-look-at-irelands-roadmap-to-leaving-lockdown-39174420.html

Interesting that they've gone for schools returning in September. (Just read this article which states august) one I had read previously mentioned september.
Also the june 29th for behind closed doors sporting events seems quite telling

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If anyone is an existing Ocado customer it seems they are back up and running properly now and the full shop that we requested came last night other than one type of halloumi being replaced by another :)
Finally managed to log on and book a delivery just now.

I've been trying many times over the last few weeks but every time 'computer said no'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spain down to 164 deaths and less than 1,000 new cases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports