I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1245688984879222784[/TWEET]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Been following him since you posted a tweet a day or two back. It is vital to receive hope, and that chap has oodles of encouragement!

He is rational, level-headed, constructive and positive - the exact opposite of the rest of twitter. And a fair bit of here at the moment too. :lol:

Did anyone else see the lunchtime news item on the new testing machine they have purchased at Addenbrookes in Cambridge. Looks promising in terms of simplifying the process and getting the results in ninety minutes. More strong innovation work by a British company.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
PS I now have a 20% discount code for Thompson and Morgan following my first order - if anyone wants it PM me (I think it can only be used once).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I did a lol

[tweet]1244649528285855746[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Starting from the position that this virus is a total sh*t show and that any 'good' news can't in any way compensate for the devastation it brings with it, there are some consequences which in themselves are 'good news'.

1. Fewer cars on the road. This must mean fewer RTAs.

2. It must also follow that air pollution (a proven killer) will reduce - asthma and similar conditions will be improved.

3. The public health advice - distancing, handwashing - should lead to a reduction in other communicable diseases ('flu epidemics).

4. The closure of pubs and the closing down of the night-time economy will lead to a reduction in drink related violence - and should help to reduce the burden on A&E depts.

Some of these will dissipate when things retern to 'normal' but there might be a new normal emerging. I'm not clever enough to guess what it will look like but even the head of the AA today thought that homeworking will become much more prevalent. This should impact on the madness and misery of the daily mass commute.

But - it is still a sh*t show,

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are some funny moments about, the Daily Express getting upset at Frankie Boyle made me laugh. Frankie had tweeted "Certainly not beyond Johnson to just pretend that he has died until it's all over".

The Express led with: "Frankie Boyle told to f**k off after vile tweet about Boris Johnson faking his death". :lolol:

I just found it funny on all sorts of levels.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There are some funny moments about, the Daily Express getting upset at Frankie Boyle made me laugh. Frankie had tweeted "Certainly not beyond Johnson to just pretend that he has died until it's all over".

The Express led with: "Frankie Boyle told to f**k off after vile tweet about Boris Johnson faking his death". [emoji38]ol:

I just found it funny on all sorts of levels.
That's tame for Boyle, he's usually savage!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Starting from the position that this virus is a total sh*t show and that any 'good' news can't in any way compensate for the devastation it brings with it, there are some consequences which in themselves are 'good news'.

2. It must also follow that air pollution (a proven killer) will reduce - asthma and similar conditions will be improved.

3. The public health advice - distancing, handwashing - should lead to a reduction in other communicable diseases ('flu epidemics).

4. The closure of pubs and the closing down of the night-time economy will lead to a reduction in drink related violence - and should help to reduce the burden on A&E depts.

Some of these will dissipate when things retern to 'normal' but there might be a new normal emerging. I'm not clever enough to guess what it will look like but even the head of the AA today thought that homeworking will become much more prevalent. This should impact on the madness and misery of the daily mass commute.

I saw a report (no idea where, so cant link to it) that the total number of lives saved by the reduction in the air pollution over cities like Beijing would actually be greater than the lives lost to Corona over the same period. No idea how true that is, but given the pictures of some of the heaviest polluted cities before and after the shutdowns there must be a kernel of truth in it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I saw a report (no idea where, so cant link to it) that the total number of lives saved by the reduction in the air pollution over cities like Beijing would actually be greater than the lives lost to Corona over the same period. No idea how true that is, but given the pictures of some of the heaviest polluted cities before and after the shutdowns there must be a kernel of truth in it

Yup. I’m hopeful to see more unintended benefits from the human race being forced to slow down for a bit.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yesterday a van had it's engine running about 30 metres from our house, the fumes smelt absolutely awful. Don't think I would have noticed it before with the amount of cars that used to pass our house everyday, that proves how clean the air is at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here