English & European
Horsham:
Horsham Daily.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No new deaths in Scotland for fifth day in row

No new coronavirus deaths have been reported in Scotland for the fifth day in a row, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says.

She told the Scottish government's coronavirus briefing 2,490 patients have died after testing positive for Covid-19, which is no change on the figure from last Wednesday.

She said 18,365 people have tested positive for the virus in Scotland, up by six from 18,359 on Sunday. This follows 19 new cases on Sunday, of which 12 were in Glasgow.

Seven of these cases were asymptomatic and relate to one care home, which Sturgeon said is now being further looked into, with testing and precautions in place.

A total of 550 patients are in hospital with confirmed or suspected Covid-19, she added. Of these six were in intensive care, no change in the past 24 hours.

Nice to have a bit of info re the cases themselves

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
26 NHS England losses compared to 36 last Tuesday, a very low number for a Tuesday when there is traditionally catch up, I remember Tuesdays back in April having 700/800 hospital deaths ALONE, shows how far we’ve come.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
26 NHS England losses compared to 36 last Tuesday, a very low number for a Tuesday when there is traditionally catch up, I remember Tuesdays back in April having 700/800 hospital deaths ALONE, shows how far we’ve come.

Other point worth noting - as seems normal now - is that patients were aged between 49 and 94 years old, and only one person (aged 71) had no known underlying health conditions. Not far off the 'why even bother reporting it' stage......imagine that will only be after we get to zero and have a run of days with no deaths.....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
And I could walk out the house tomorrow and be struck by lightning, pure conjecture in that article based the nonsensical idea ‘if people totally forgot COVID existed’

This article is the definition of fear mongering, particularly when there is zero evidence that COVID will behave anything like flu, it’s not a flu virus.

I'll be slightly more charitable, but no less skeptical. That article is based on a study that is quite explicitly looking for the worst case scenario.

It seems to me perfectly valid to take such an approach, so that you can plan to avoid it. Whether you should allow it to be presented in the way it has been presented there is another matter. However I also suspect, given that part of the worst case scenario is 'people forgetting that Covid exists', and returning to normal behaviour, that publishing stories like this is part of a strategy to stop exactly that from happening. It's a shame, because in order to stop some people from becoming more casual than is required, and thus damaging efforts to manage the virus, you also keep other people more scared than is requred. And that is also damaging, in a different way.

Balance balance balance.

But none of it is inevitable. Or even very likely, IMV.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
May feel like a silly one, but everything helps as we slowly turn the tide on this virus;

Sniffer dogs now being used in UAE to sniff out Coronavirus - showing 92% accuracy so far. Impressive.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
May feel like a silly one, but everything helps as we slowly turn the tide on this virus;

Sniffer dogs now being used in UAE to sniff out Coronavirus - showing 92% accuracy so far. Impressive.

Could be very helpful, means you could pick out the people to test at airports and such much more accurately, until we get some kind of fast testing any normal life is going to be difficult really with the understandable paranoia around causing another spike. The dogs nose is really remarkable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here