Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Commonwealth Games

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the commonwealth games. Its like the Olympics, but less good.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
or the official Games mascot, Clyde, who appears to have been designed by a six year old with some crayons :facepalm:

commonwealth-games-mascot.jpg

She was 12 years old.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/glasgow-2014-commonwealth-games-mascot-1335432

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'll be seeing Usain Bolt and Mo Farah hopefully. Don't get much better than that.

Bolt's only running in the relay though.

Mo's races will be interesting though - he will be up against the Kenyans...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have tickets, hoping for the proclaimers at the closing ceremony or maybe Lulu.

The opening & closing ceremonies are a closely guarded secret but I'm led to believe (keep it to yourself) that we can expect a comedy gala opening led by Russ Abbot reprising his role as C U Jimmy in a hilarious head to head with Ronnie Corbett. This is to be followed by the official homecoming appearance of The Krankies, as they lead 5 million watching Scots in an emotional rendition of Fan-Dabi-Dozi, after which the evening culminates in a world first: Susan Boyle, John Barrowman & the Scottish Symphony Orchestra performing a specially adapted arrangement of Donald Where's Yer Troosers to the jawdropping backdrop of a £4 million firework display over Firhill.

Mum's the word though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here