The coaching and the warm up hoofing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
On Saturday I arrived early and was watching the warm ups. the albion coaches had the poor lad from Arsenal bemused by asking him to practice hoofing the ball 30 yards to Elphick who would then, (normally after taking two touches to try and get the ball under control), would then hoof it back ! Ive not entered this white & booker debate as ive never been to a training session, but bloody hell, practicing hoofing it really is shit. If Wenger new then he would sure to take back his player !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone told me Oatway was on the pitch as well. What role has he got?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
it concerned me when I read in the Argus on Friday that White was having to put the reins on Hoyte to stop him going forward! why? we were at home to a mediocre side that had scored only 4 away goals all season. We should have attacked them from the KO. We could see in the 1st half from the NS that Hoyte looked uncomfortable having to stop his runs on the half way line.

Another thing that disappoints me is the lack of tactics on our throw ins, corners and free kicks, and even goal kicks - everything is done so slowly giving time for the opposition to re group.

And thirdly, the Albion losing used to ruin my weekends, now I just brush it off, have a moan and put it to the back of my mind (clearly not this weekend).

OK Insider, stick up for your colleagues all you like, but before long crowds will fall to below 5,000 because the peasants are revolting - at least the ex players are boosting the attendance. Someone(s) must take the blame!

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Poor Gavin Hoyte. He looks the business for us at right-back. Good in defence and good going forward. Shame he's having his wings clipped and being forced to participate in hoof-ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports