Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The club with the highest net transfer income in European Football 2022/23 is…

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The profit chart is pretty wild....!

View attachment 176417

The full report: https://editorial.uefa.com/resource...peanclubfinanceinvestmentlandscape_150224.pdf

Mad that lil ol' Brighton are even featured, really.
We haven't released our annual accounts yet, have we?

Maybe these are the accounts submitted to for FFP purposes, which would make sense as it would discount a number of costs like infrastructure, academy, women's and good causes and explain why it's about 30-40m Euro more than my fag-packet calc of profit for 22/23.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good news for Tony Bloom. Pretty unimportant to the rest of us.
Maybe an age dependent thing, but I'd reckon that for quite a few Brighton fans it's very important and reassuring to see that we're not relying on the generosity of one very rich man to continue operating.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You miserable git!

Maybe an age dependent thing, but I'd reckon that for quite a few Brighton fans it's very important and reassuring to see that we're not relying on the generosity of one very rich man to continue operating.
But we have done exactly that throughout most of Tony’s tenure. A couple of years of selling players for big fees, that’s all. That may not continue, especially with clubs worrying about FFP. Personally I can’t get excited about the accounts. Just going to savour the good times on the pitch while they last. Experience tells me it won’t be like this forever.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can't lie, I don't understand a lot of what is in that report but what I did understand was the very startling fact that the current man utd squad is the most expensively assembled squad in history. A quite staggering 1.4billion pounds. Holy f*** how have they managed to spend that much money and ended up with that squad.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
But we have done exactly that throughout most of Tony’s tenure. A couple of years of selling players for big fees, that’s all. That may not continue, especially with clubs worrying about FFP. Personally I can’t get excited about the accounts. Just going to savour the good times on the pitch while they last. Experience tells me it won’t be like this forever.
But you opened the thread - twice - to post negative thoughts anyway...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We have, and while it's clear that Tony Bloom is one of us, it's wouldn't be ideal for the fortunes of the club to be overly reliant on his cash indefinitely.

Also, having such healthy profits mean that we're more likely to be able to strengthen in future transfer windows rather than have our squad weakened due to necessity of balancing books and meeting FFP. Remember 16-17? It was reasonbly well accepted that if we hadn't acheived promotion that season then we'd need to sell key players like Dunk and Knocky to meet FFP the following year, meaning we would probably have had to wait a few years before having another go.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We have, and while it's clear that Tony Bloom is one of us, it's wouldn't be ideal for the fortunes of the club to be overly reliant on his cash indefinitely.

Also, having such healthy profits mean that we're more likely to be able to strengthen in future transfer windows rather than have our squad weakened due to necessity of balancing books and meeting FFP. Remember 16-17? It was reasonbly well accepted that if we hadn't acheived promotion that season then we'd need to sell key players like Dunk and Knocky to meet FFP the following year, meaning we would probably have had to wait a few years before having another go.
I think you make good points and the business model is currently working. A war chest may be necessary for the years when we can’t sell a player for big money. Trouble is the financial goalposts keep moving. I don’t envy Tony making 5 year budget plans running a PL football club.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fantastic news that the club is being ran so well.

how about a little something for the fans though, did they really need to increase season ticket prices for everyone again?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I didn’t say I’m not interested. I said I can’t get excited by accounts and by extension the Albion leading an accounts table. Is that allowed ? What’s your favourite song ?
I’m disappointed that you’ve not posted on the Gladiators thread to say you can’t get excited by watching Gladiators ☹️

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
So what sales are included in this? Is it calendar year 2023 or the 22-23 season not including summer transfer window (i.e. Caicedo, Sánchez, Mac Allister)?

Does it include the full fee for these deals, or is the fee spread over the contract lengths for these numbers?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
While you're here Mr President I have a question for you...

PSR says we can lose max 105m over a rolling three year period. If we make a 100m profit this year say, and don't spend it in three years, can we then use it to cover losses in the fourth year to stay within PSR. ie if
our operating losses in that year are in excess of the allowable amount can it be covered by cash in the bank.

I assume this is a daft question but it is somewhat bugging me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fantastic news that the club is being ran so well.

how about a little something for the fans though, did they really need to increase season ticket prices for everyone again?
They didn’t make any significant price hikes to cover the multi-million pound losses for 9 out of 13 Amex seasons, so probably best to not make too much of a fuss now we’re making profits.

Besides, season ticket prices have been below inflation for 3-4 seasons now; we can’t complain.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
While you're here Mr President I have a question for you...

PSR says we can lose max 105m over a rolling three year period. If we make a 100m profit this year say, and don't spend it in three years, can we then use it to cover losses in the fourth year to stay within PSR. ie if
our operating losses in that year are in excess of the allowable amount can it be covered by cash in the bank.

I assume this is a daft question but it is somewhat bugging me.
Hi, can’t be rolled over into year4 even if unutilised!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here