Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Club v Country Debate

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
What are other people's thoughts on what should take priority during the season: international fixtures or the domestic programme? Up til a while ago, national pride was more important to me personally than the club season, but now I would say I'm with the majority of football fans who prefer club loyalty ahead of their country's natonal fixtures.

I was interested because we've had a busy Christmas and New Year period (lots of League and Cup games) with no rest period. Managers of the national sides often complain about the busy domestic season wearing out players, and club managers complain that their players are often unavailable because of int'l commitments (like the African CoN). Where do other people stand in this debate?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I personally only support England in the tournaments. All these friendlies and qualifiers bore me. Club over country for me.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
100 percent CLUB, fking hate the England sqaud and what is there to be proud of about being in this ####hole of a country anyway ?? "Patriotism is an excuse for the vicious"

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I suppose you could look at it another way, would you prefer to see England win the World Cup again in your lifetime, or Brighton to get promotion to the Premiership (not asking for too much here...yet).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here