Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Championship - Top 10 ***

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I might be mistaken, but in this latest chart you have Burnley down as getting ZERO points against Blackburn last Sunday.

The last time I looked on this forum about a month or so ago, your predictor chart had the Clarets down as finishing 7th or 8th. Hope we do come second as you now predict.

Oops, good spot, will change it!

TBH I didn't think they would be able to sustain a challenge, thin squad an all. All credit though and think you now have the momentum to get over the line

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
We'll probably slip up at Birmingham now, so you might have to change it again.

Do the 3 points against Rovers see us finish on 84 points instead of 81?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We'll probably slip up at Birmingham now, so you might have to change it again.

Do the 3 points against Rovers see us finish on 84 points instead of 81?

Yes 84 ... it's something I do with 2 mates for a decent bet at end of season. It's dynamic though, for instance I'll likely mark up your Leeds (and others) game to 3 points unless you put in a shocker tonight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I certainly wouldn't be giving Wigan "they're gone" status just yet...

1. They were bloody lucky to beat us. On another day we'd have had 3 points, and quite comfortably too.
2. They've been on a great run. It will come to an end. It's just a matter of how soon.
3. They have the considerable distraction of the Cup.

They should beat Wednesday tonight, of course, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Wigan have got Ipswich away next week, haven't they? They could easily drop points in that one - Ipswich are strong at home

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Wigan have got Ipswich away next week, haven't they? They could easily drop points in that one - Ipswich are strong at home

Yes, Wigan at Ipswich on Saturday. Ipswich have a "make-or-break" sequence of games which could strengthen or ruin their play-off chances.

The Tractor Boys' next 5 fixtures are: Wigan (h), Brighton (a), Derby (h), Nottingham Forest (h), Blackburn (a).

If they are still in the play-off hunt after these 5, I will take my hat off to them - especially as they won't have McGoldrick.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
To be fair, our home games look straight forward too. Ipswich might be tough but we need to and should win the other four.

I'll be surprised if we win 4 out of 5 at home. Barnsley have won 1 away game all season. We're not great at home. Maybe if Oscar changes his approach to home games we'll have a chance

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

1. They were bloody lucky to beat us. On another day we'd have had 3 points, and quite comfortably too.
2. They've been on a great run. It will come to an end. It's just a matter of how soon.

They should beat Wednesday tonight, of course, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't.

They were ordinary against us but they are on a good run of form. That said, I'd agree about Ipswich, if they can take 3 from Wigan then maybe they aren't as nailed on as I suspect they are

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Great test for the, rest your best players for the cup school of management. Sunday's win required a massive effort, are Wigan brimming with confidence after a tremendous victory, or leggy and there for the taking tonight ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

RE 1, we were great that day, but then they played like we did against 'Arry's mercenaries last night: tight at the back, compact, took the few chances created
RE 2 and 3, the Cup game will be another w/e when they're not playing in the Championship. This means that they'll have played two games less than us, and three of some of the other rivals. We've got 12 games in about 45 days; they've got 15 in the same period.
I've always thought that Wigan were more likely to do better than Reading, and still think this, but they've got a tight run-in, and will probably end up playing three games in one, and maybe more than one, week. Here's hoping for a storming performance in the semi-final by Wigan, only to see Arsenal sneak a last minute equaliser, forcing a replay, making it 16 games in 45 days for them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

They should beat Wednesday :lolol: tonight, of course, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't.

Sorry, had to correct your post

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Leicester and Burnley are up. Which is fair enough considering they've been top/near the top of the league all season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Reading v Derby on Saturday.

Very important for us to beat Bolton and take advantage of the dropped points.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It's all about winning at Bolton on Saturday, and then seeing where we are.

No need to cloud the thinking with anything else.

it`s all about scoring more goals than the opposition,something that Oscar needs to get to grips with

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
it`s all about scoring more goals than the opposition,something that Oscar needs to get to grips with

Well, we currently have a positive goal difference of 9. In simple terms, that means we've scored more goals than the opposition over the course of the season. Maybe that's something Mutts Nuts needs to get to grip with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here