Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship TONIGHT

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I'm starting to think we might have timed our bad run to perfection. I feel as though automatic promotion is definitely still within our grasp.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We haven't blown it and CH will certainly be going for it but we are outsiders for a reason. Even ignoring Derby and Burnley we have to overhaul one of Hull and Boro. We are away at both and the liklihood is we'll get beat. That being the case we'll have 16 games to somehow claw back 10 points on Hull and as much as 12 on Boro. Realistically that isn't happening.

Unfortunately Boro is the last day and probably irrelevant. Hull on the other hand could be huge ... if we can come out of that with all the points then it may well be game on.

In saying that, Burnley have the best run in imo and are the most likely to dislodge one of the other 2

Agree, we are definitely looking like outsiders for a top two finish. Playoffs anyone?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pointless in looking at how other teams will do, as the temptation is to think Middlesbrough will win all their games, Hull will win all their games, Burnley will win all their games, Massive will win all their games etc. etc. etc.

Best to just concentrate on ourselves, take each game at a time, and gradually climb the table.

All to play for, but let's just beat Brentford for now.

el punal

Agree, we are definitely looking like outsiders for a top two finish. Playoffs anyone?

It ain't over till it's over! Even at the top this is such a topsy-turvy league, before Christmas Hull and Burnley were struggling to get points and Middlesbrough and Derby were flying. Since the beginning of January the reverse has been true.

As for us, we had a mini-slump too over the Festive period. The two wins over Blackburn and Huddersfield have steadied the ship and, with the new signings in the January window, should give us the encouragement to progress further.

I do believe that the next two home games against Brentford and Bolton are pivotal in our quest for promotion. Win these and we lay down a marker of our intent. If we don't then I'm afraid that we're not ready for success this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We haven't blown it and CH will certainly be going for it but we are outsiders for a reason. Even ignoring Derby and Burnley we have to overhaul one of Hull and Boro. We are away at both and the liklihood is we'll get beat. That being the case we'll have 16 games to somehow claw back 10 points on Hull and as much as 12 on Boro. Realistically that isn't happening.

Unfortunately Boro is the last day and probably irrelevant. Hull on the other hand could be huge ... if we can come out of that with all the points then it may well be game on.

In saying that, Burnley have the best run in imo and are the most likely to dislodge one of the other 2

Sorry, but I don't agree that we are likely to get beaten by both. Based over the 5 or 6 games over xmas then probably yes but if we can get back to the resilience we had before which, with the new signings, we may well do then defeat is certainly not guaranteed. Boro have lost 2 out of the last 6 for example.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Me too. In many ways I'm even less fond of the team that beat them last night, Bournemouth.

and me....just can't stand Howe, with his tight lipped arrogance. Never credits the opposition for anything. As Palace hold no interest for me, was willing them to put one over Mr Smug last night. Gutted with the result, as they are likely to survive now.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Derby. They are still a decent side and will be in and around the Promotion places come the end of the season.

I was on holiday when Albion lost to Wolves and watched the match in a bar and got well pissed off when a bloke at the next table kept constantly stating ''Brighton's bubble has burst, that's them finished for the season''. Teams do have blips and ours coincided with a lot of injuries and people looking in from the outside don't always see mitigating circumstances.

We have started to bounce back because when we have a full squad we have a decent side and Derby do too, so they will bounce back I am sure of it. If it turns out to be Play offs for them and us, I would prefer to avoid them in it

The next 5 games will decide Derby's season.
Fulham ( a )
MKDons( h )
Brentfrd ( a )
Blackbrn ( h )
Wolves ( a )
Decent haul from that lot and they can still think about automatic. Continue to struggle and Clement is in big trouble and Derby will be scrabbling for a play-off place again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't think the 'anyone can beat anyone' cliche has ever been more true. Boro have lost their last two - one at home and the other to relegation fodder Brizzle. A run of 4/5 straight wins from any/some of the top 8/9 could materially change the table -the fact that so many teams are quite close means all are potentially taking points off each other. We are still very much in this for one of the autos. Every team will get a bad run at some point - if we've seen the end of ours, we're in very good shape. Optimistic.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry, but I don't agree that we are likely to get beaten by both. Based over the 5 or 6 games over xmas then probably yes but if we can get back to the resilience we had before which, with the new signings, we may well do then defeat is certainly not guaranteed. Boro have lost 2 out of the last 6 for example.

I don't disagree, but we'll be starting both those games as underdogs - they are certainly the toughest 2 fixtures we have. My thinking is if we lose, then clawing back 10 or 12 points over 16 games must make us outsiders for automatic. They are both odds on for promotion whilst we are 3's and I'd go along with that, but the game vs Hull could have the bookies quickly rethinking ... let's hope so

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't disagree, but we'll be starting both those games as underdogs - they are certainly the toughest 2 fixtures we have. My thinking is if we lose, then clawing back 10 or 12 points over 16 games must make us outsiders for automatic. They are both odds on for promotion whilst we are 3's and I'd go along with that, but the game vs Hull could have the bookies quickly rethinking ... let's hope so

Depends how we and they do in the next 15 games or so.....if Boro and Derby continue their current form for much longer they won't be favourites for anything

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Amusing:

League goals in 2015-16:

Morecambe goalkeeper Barry Roche: 1
Stevenage goalkeeper Jesse Joronen: 1
Entire Crystal palace strike force 1 (wickham)

Edited for you......and even more amusing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here