Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship tonight 8/3/16

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Tonight's is a must win match for us. We can't afford to lose any further ground considering 2nd and 3rd have a game in hand (and Hull will have 2 after tonight.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Current notable sequences...

Burnley: 4 consecutive wins.
Forest: 4 consecutive defeats.
Albion: 3 consecutive clean sheets.
Bolton: 5 without a win (Forest and Wednesday :lolol: both 4 without a win)
Ipswich: 7 since a draw (Blackburn, Brentford, Bristol City: 6)
Burnley: 12 since a defeat (Reading: 5)
Bolton: 11 since a clean sheet (Wolves: 5)

Oh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I seriously hope you don't regret that laughing emioji chap!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's NSC Law to use that emoji when ever referring to the world's biggest club by name.

OK, let you off then, I'd always thought Dirty Leeds or Reading were the World's biggest clubs?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Plenty of opportunities there for some slip-ups. Let's just concentrate on beating Massive then see where we are.

Exactly. I find threads like this mildly amusing, as all we can do is concentrate on trying to win our own match. We can have no influence or bearing on anyone elses results at all.

theboybilly

Yep and to stop us all looking downwards at seventh place again.

We should comfortably get enough points to easily put any thought of not making the play-offs to bed. If we fail now then we truly aren't ready
As for tonights games I can see at least one of the top 2 dropping points. I don't think Boro are playing to their potential at the moment and Burnley are well due a slip.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Can't see Rotherham giving Boro an easy ride. Warnock's lot will be scrapping for every home point; they will make life very awkward for Boro.

As for Fulham v Burnley, well I feel less optimistic. Burnley have momentum and considering the abysmal number of goals Fulham concede, Gray could fill his boots.

Likewise Derby at QPR. I've got this down as an away win. Aside from the Wolves defeat, Derby have stabilised and who knows, could even be dark horses for automatic promotion.

Wasn't one of the reasons they got rid of Clement because they didn't want promotion, or something ridiculous like that???

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are you not forgetting the world's capital for caravans and skips?

*cough*, you forgot the internationally renowned "Grocery Superstore" that is Sainsbury's!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Leeds = The CHAMPIONS of Europe
Reading = TINPOT
Wednesday :lolol: = MASSIVE

Unforgivable .... and so true, but where or where does this leave CPFC?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We have to win the next 4 matches to stand a chance of auto.A draw will not do toight unless we can win 4 in a row after this one. 8 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat should/could be enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have to win the next 4 matches to stand a chance of auto.A draw will not do toight unless we can win 4 in a row after this one. 8 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat should/could be enough.
Too right, a draw will not do tonight. I have an even harsher target for automatic promotion, and think we need at most 1 loss, and 1 draw, and must beat Burnley in that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here