Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* The Championship - As it Stands *

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The players had their chances over the last 6 weeks and bottled it. Will Reading let them off the hook? Doubt it but it depends what Burnley side turn up. Are they already on the beach?

I very much doubt it. Sean Dyche was on the excellent GoS last weekend and Kammy asked him a similar question. He nearly ripped his head off, he said that they've continued at 100% effot having clinched promotion as proved last weekend and are absolutely hell-bent on finishing their already excellent season in some style in front of a huge and vociferous away audience.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Burnley have a chance of a club record 12th away win of the season plus a Championship points record of a second-placed team. They are equal on 92 with the Leicester 2003 team so a draw or win would create a new record.

In the 2-1 home win against Reading, it could have been five or six but for the brilliance of McCarthy in the Royals goal, but I suppose it is only human nature that some Clarets players might not be 100% focused on Saturday despite Dyche's genuine desire to finish the season in style.

Reading are quite an unpredictable team this season so anything could happen.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Brighton 14-1 to win the playoffs on bet365. Surely got to be worth a tenner? Burnley will do Reading.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't disagree... I'd like too, but I think both teams will win and NSC will go into melt down over when exactly we lost the point that would have got us into the playoffs.

The early signs of this perfect storm are already visible!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every club will have what if moments / shite ref decisions (I'll happily throw that Greer sending off into the mix for ours!) etc etc etc if they narrowly miss out like we may do. That's football. It's far from disaster if we don't make the play offs. Far from it. I'm v calm about the whole thing - we re not good enough to go up yet anyway so anything else is a bonus...

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
A silly question (and Im sure its already been answered (prepares to be shot down)) if Reading lose and we draw nil nil ... who gets sixth ? We'll both be on the same points and have the same goal difference .....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A silly question (and Im sure its already been answered (prepares to be shot down)) if Reading lose and we draw nil nil ... who gets sixth ? We'll both be on the same points and have the same goal difference .....

Presently identical GD. If Reading lose, ours would be better with a draw!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We will have a goal difference at least 1 better than Reading as theirs will decrease by at least 1 with a defeat, and a draw will mean ours stays at +14.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

No we won't have the same goal difference. We will be +14, they will be +13 or worse.

As long as we better their result, we're in the play-offs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Reading could have choked when they were losing last week. They didn't, and they won. I'm sure they won't bottle it on Saturday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If Reading lose we'll have better goal difference than them so if we draw then we'll be in 6th spot.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
All the teams that were in with a chance of 6th last weekend could all point to times when the could or should have secured that place. We are no different.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

If Reading lose, wont that give them an inferior goal difference:ffsparr:

Sorry, too late again

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reading: 1/3; BHA: 9/4

That's about right, I reckon. Hope we defy the odds, of course.
These odds obviously represent the real probabilities. Illustrates graphically how out of kilter my own instinctive assessment is... i.e. "Reading are quite likely not to win, and we are quite likely to win" ... :)

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'd like to think that Ulloa's red card vs Reading won't come back to haunt us. We were well on top in that game, they were rattled, down to ten men, and then Ulloa got himself sent off in ridiculously stupid fashion. I know its all ifs and buts, but.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's absolutely no point trying to pin it all on one particular moment - one lost point - that leaves us in the precarious position we're in.

(For me its Bruno's error in the last minute at Sheffield Wednesday, throwing away a draw... :jester: )

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
As an earlier poster has mentioned (apologies for not quoting you) we're by no means good enough to go up this year, so really I only want us to get sixth so we'll have 2 extra games to watch. I reckon we'll sneak a win at forest but have absolutely no idea how the reading game will end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here