** The Championship - As it Stands - Remaining Games **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I haven't a scoopy doo what's going to happen but I am enjoying this debate.

Setting my expectations low and feeling happy that at least the Blackpool home game should have some interest riding on it whatever happends.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we can get a win on Friday, even if it's an ugly, scrappy smash and grab, and if points around us are dropped, the table will look very good going into the home games v Blackpool and Yeovil.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
My back of a fag packet guesswork punditry has Wigan rallying to secure fifth on 78 points (may have been over generous in allocating them 3 wins and 2 draws), us sneaking into sixth on 72 points (2 wins 2 draws), ahead of Ipswich (71 points - 2 wins, a draw, a defeat), and B'muff/Reading (both 69 pts).

This is guaranteed not to be correct, however. :lolol:
Just glad we're still in with a shout - have booked tickets and travel for Forest for a good day whatever.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're all thinking that the only matches that us/Ipswich/Reading/Wigan/B'mth etc will lose are against each other
We're certainly not thinking that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What I want to happen is for the following fixtures to end up as draws:
Wigan-Reading
Blackburn-Reading
Reading-Middlesborough
Watford-Ipswich
Ipswich-Bournemouth
Bournemouth-Forest
Blackburn-Wigan
If by some miniscule chance that comes in, our rivals collectively will accrue 14 points, rather than the 21 points that constitutes the maximum, and if we win three out of our last four, we'll probably make the play-offs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With all respect, I'd just be happy to be in the play offs.

I wouldn't give a monkeys who we played.

Absolutely this. The play-offs are a complete lottery anyway. The form book goes completely out of the window. Who would have thought that Palarse would have even got into the play-offs last season, let alone win them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
*Scouse accent, emotional face* "Charlton? This is done, it's gone. We go to Huddersfield, we go again, the same We go together!"

Joking aside, the maths are enticing (as an accountant and stat lover) but totally bloody pointless.

If there's ever been a time for Oscar's "one game at a time" cliche, it's now. Let's beat Huddersfield on Friday, that is all.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
So which one of our remaining games is the 'banana skin' and how are these last 4 games going to pan out?

Huddersfield - Away Injuries, suspensions and a horrible run of form. They are nearly safe but still think we will leave with 1 point only.
Blackpool - Home They will lose to Burnley and be scrapping for their lives against us. It should be a nailed on win. Yup. 1 point.
Yeovil - Home They will be down by then. 3 points to the good guys.
Forest - Away They will be out of the running and another 3 points will be there for the taking.

I'm thinking 8 points. Enough?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So which one of our remaining games is the 'banana skin' and how are these last 4 games going to pan out?

Huddersfield - Away Injuries, suspensions and a horrible run of form. They are nearly safe but still think we will leave with 1 point only.
Blackpool - Home They will lose to Burnley and be scrapping for their lives against us. It should be a nailed on win. Yup. 1 point.
Yeovil - Home They will be down by then. 3 points to the good guys.
Forest - Away They will be out of the running and another 3 points will be there for the taking.

I'm thinking 8 points. Enough?

I'm going for 8 points but DWWD ... I think it will be enough but we'll need at least a point at Forest

140416 Footie.png

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
It's almost certain they'll either go down on Monday or at The Amex on Friday. I really hope they are down on Monday, as our game against them would surely become much easier if they know they are already relegated.

Although if they go into our match knowing only wins will save them, surely they will have to open up a bit which you'd like to think will work in our favour.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm going for 8 points but DWWD ... I think it will be enough but we'll need at least a point at Forest

View attachment 52839

Just looking at that makes me nervous.

It's going to be incredibly tight, lose either of the next two games and we will probably drop 2/3 positions, and this place will go into meltdown :dunce:

Still, I guess that's what makes it such a bloody good league to be in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just looking at that makes me nervous.

It's going to be incredibly tight, lose either of the next two games and we will probably drop 2/3 positions, and this place will go into meltdown :dunce:

Still, I guess that's what makes it such a bloody good league to be in.

Exactly ... I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned into a 5 way "shootout" on the last day

Being a pessimist I'd say we'll needs 9 pts. So if we balls up the Hudds game, we'd have to ace the rest

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Positions 5th downwards using that link above:

Team Pld W D L F A W D L F A Pts GD
Wigan Athletic 46 12 8 3 34 21 9 5 9 24 20 76 17
Brighton and Hove Albion 46 11 6 6 34 20 9 8 6 23 18 74 19
Reading 46 8 10 5 36 24 11 5 7 31 27 72 16
Ipswich Town 46 12 6 5 34 22 6 10 7 25 27 70 10
Blackburn Rovers 46 11 7 5 34 19 7 9 7 33 40 70 8
AFC Bournemouth 46 11 6 6 37 23 8 7 8 27 37 70 4

Your predictions:

AFC Bournemouth 1 1 Nottingham Forest
AFC Bournemouth 2 0 Sheffield Wednesday
Birmingham City 1 2 Blackburn Rovers
Birmingham City 0 1 Wigan Athletic
Blackburn Rovers 1 1 Wigan Athletic
Blackburn Rovers 3 0 Yeovil Town
Brighton and Hove Albion 3 0 Blackpool
Brighton and Hove Albion 3 0 Yeovil Town
Burnley 1 1 Ipswich Town
Burnley 0 0 Wigan Athletic
Charlton Athletic 1 2 Blackburn Rovers
Doncaster Rovers 0 2 Reading
Huddersfield Town 1 2 Brighton and Hove Albion
Ipswich Town 1 1 AFC Bournemouth
Ipswich Town 2 0 Sheffield Wednesday
Millwall 0 1 AFC Bournemouth
Nottingham Forest 0 0 Brighton and Hove Albion
Reading 1 0 Burnley
Reading 1 1 Middlesbrough
Watford 0 0 Ipswich Town
Wigan Athletic 2 0 Blackpool
Wigan Athletic 0 0 Reading

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
'On paper' we have the softest run in of those around us. Huddersfield, Yeovil plus Forest and Blackpool who are losing for fun at the moment. 'On paper' as we know, often counts for nothing.

Despite that, I think we will be okay and sneak into the play off zone. We could even sneak up on the outside rail and go all the way. Every pundit is talking about Derby, Wigan, QPR etc. We aren't considered hardly which is fine. We have found a bit of form and confidence just at the right time. Sneak a win tomorrow and we will be in a great position to push on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports