Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship 2023/24

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The chances of town staying up has today vapourated.

i can’t believe after spending time in the prem not that long ago, we are now back in the third division

heads must roll!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tuesday they play Coventry I think.
Yep.
Cov are done, I think that SF finally really took it out if them, its a dead rubber now for them. But if Ipswich avoid defeat there on Tuesday, then they only have to match Leeds's result on the final day.

Leeds v Southampton
Ipswich v Hudds

I'm already pissed off at cheating Leicester getting promoted again, but if Ipswich deny the Leeds filth, then that will very much remove the piss from my cornflakes.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Afraid I fear for Ipswich. If they lose on Wed all Leeds have to do is beat a “resting” Saints

Didn't realise how bad their form was after the Semi, thought they still had a chance of PO

Coventry are not only on the beach, they are on the 4th beer and 2nd breakfast.

If Ipswich can't get a point from the game they deserve to lose out to Leeds

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Didn't realise how bad their form was after the Semi, thought they still had a chance of PO

Coventry are not only on the beach, they are on the 4th beer and 2nd breakfast.

If Ipswich can't get a point from the game they deserve to lose out to Leeds

Coventry were in with a slim chance of the play offs but that went when they lost to Hull in midweek. That defeat following their FA Cup heartbreak will have taken the wind right out of their season.

Ipswich are in horrible form themselves with no wins in their last 4. Last nights late draw will have deflated them further, although Hull were trying to keep their own chances of the play offs alive, defeat against Ipswich would have ended them.

A win on Tuesday against Coventry means they’ll only need a draw against all but mathematically relegated Huddersfield. It’s going to be a very nervy week for Ipswich and their fans.

My best mate is an Ipswich fan, we are trying to get together with another mate to watch the final game of the season as his. However the last time we all got together for a final day Championship game was 2016 for our game against Boro.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The chances of town staying up has today vapourated.

i can’t believe after spending time in the prem not that long ago, we are now back in the third division
Aye, I used to watch Huddersfield most weeks when I lived up that way. Loved the old Leeds Rd ground. PL probably a step too far but they should be holding their own at the second level. They’ll be back, no doubt though as Derby, Portsmouth, Leeds, Wednesday, even City (etc) discovered it might take a while.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Aye, I used to watch Huddersfield most weeks when I lived up that way. Loved the old Leeds Rd ground. PL probably a step too far but they should be holding their own at the second level. They’ll be back, no doubt though as Derby, Portsmouth, Leeds, Wednesday, even City (etc) discovered it might take a while.
Years of mismanagement and infighting has led to this.

i feel sorry for people who go week in and week out, my brother for one.

the club needs a real shakeup!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

City spent just that one season (98-99) in the third flight in their entire history, although it took the playoffs for them to get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here