Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The challenge on Wilson first up in highlights

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The referee sent out the message 'I'm only giving nailed on penalties today' by not pointing to the spot after that challenge. Fair enough, only he then denies us two points by giving Derby a questionable one. Total inconsistency.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't think it was a penalty at the time but, given the penalty he gave Derby later, I changed my mind. If you're going to give one, you have to give both.

Correct. If there's was a pen this was 3times more blatant than that!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The referee sent out the message 'I'm only giving nailed on penalties today' by not pointing to the spot after that challenge. Fair enough, only he then denies us two points by giving Derby a questionable one. Total inconsistency.

Absolutely correct. He waved away the countless appeals from Derby players ( I notice Johnson & Martin particularly like to moan all game at the officials) and then gave a really, really soft one to them. Joke decision.

Some of us remember when shoulder barging the goalkeeper into the net was a regular (and legal) feature of a game, made all the more exciting by the rule that forbade goalkeepers from running with the ball in hand.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Play on

lofthouse_1269947a.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here